Weird Javascript error

To Derek et al:

You might want to fix this:

NES.png

ETA:

Well that figures, as soon as I post this the error is fixed!

What the heck does this mean????

I just started to get this at the top of the NES screen. What does it mean and what do I do to get rid of it?

The /home/nes/public_html/forum/vbulletin/clientscript/vbsc.js cache has a modification time of before /home/nes/public_html/forum/vbulletin/clientscript/vbulletin-core.js. Your cache is almost certainly out of date. Please run Compress Javascript under vB4: SuperCharged in your Admin CP.
If you recently updated vBulletin, you should of course run Compress CSS also :)
To prevent issues, your forum is currently running without optimised Javascript as a fallback.

As a last resort if you cannot get this message to disappear, disable the Javascript Optimiser.

I just got the same message, and the display got distorted when I moved into a sub-forum. The message seems to be directed to the admins. I don't think there's anything that the users can or need to do. Very weird.

The /home/nes/public_html/forum/vbulletin/clientscript/vbsc.js cache has a modification time of before /home/nes/public_html/forum/vbulletin/clientscript/vbulletin-core.js. Your cache is almost certainly out of date. Please run Compress Javascript under vB4: SuperCharged in your Admin CP.
If you recently updated vBulletin, you should of course run Compress CSS also :)
To prevent issues, your forum is currently running without optimised Javascript as a fallback.

As a last resort if you cannot get this message to disappear, disable the Javascript Optimiser.

Just a temporary thing during the upgrade. All should be good now!

Ok I'm getting the same thing, I signed out and then back in and the message went away but my screens are still messed up. What's going on ???

David

What do you mean your screens are messed up? Can you post a screenshot?

Two things to try:

Hit CTRL+F5 to do a forced refresh,

Otherwise, try clearing your cache and restarting your browser. I can post more detailed instructions if you let me know what web browser you're using.

Two things to try:

Hit CTRL+F5 to do a forced refresh,

Otherwise, try clearing your cache and restarting your browser. I can post more detailed instructions if you let me know what web browser you're using.

OK the F5 did nothing, I ran my C Cleaner and restarted the browser, it's still doing it.

I run Internet Explorer, I think it's the up to date one.

I just looked, it looks like IE 8.

Last edited:
I made one more change that might help you out if you clear your cache again... rather than using whatever tool you're using, delete your cache through internet explorer directly:

Go to Tools->Internet Options
Click on "Delete..." under "Browsing History"
Uncheck everything except for Temporary Internet Files and hit OK.

Let me know.

I made one more change that might help you out if you clear your cache again... rather than using whatever tool you're using, delete your cache through internet explorer directly:

Let me know.

OK let me try that.

Let me know.

Didn't help.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG this is driving me crazy, I'm trying to upload the page and it keeps saying it's to big, or it wants a web address ARGGGGGGGGGG.

Can you e-mail me your e-mail address and I can send it to you that way?

OK I'm not the only one, SKS RAY posted a link that says it good New-format-!?p=1466305#post1466305 .

New format?!?
Am I the only one seeing a new format from top to bottom with the poster's avatar first, followed by join date with info, the post, sig and random info? Makes it hard to tell where the post begins and the sig ends because everything looks like its stacked Tetris style.

>>
>>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom