Error message - can't edit post

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
I have ran into this a couple times over the last few weeks. I go to edit a recent post to add additional info and when I click save I get an error message.
Refreshing the page and typing the edit again still gets the error message.
Leaving the page for another thread and then returning still gets the same error message.

ibgYfpl.jpg

🐯

i got it the other day when i went to post in a thread i started. i started another thread so i could post and it let me. i dunno, seen it a few times over the last several days.

The next time someone has this issue, please post with a timestamp of exactly when it happened, and I can look into it further.

Bonus points if you look in your browser's console (Press F12, click Console) and give me the error message(s).

4:11:10 PM EDT approximately on a totally different computer tried to edit the same message (twice) got the error

Here is what I copied from the console I hope it is helpful. Browser is chrome.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
px.gif:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
/xen/posts/8000989/edit:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()
core-compiled.js?_v=9f6d9d20:3 PHP: <!DOCTYPE html>
<html style="height:100%">
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no" />
<title> 500 Internal Server Error
</title></head>
<body style="color: #444; margin:0;font: normal 14px/20px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; height:100%; background-color: #fff;">
<div style="height:auto; min-height:100%; "> <div style="text-align: center; width:800px; margin-left: -400px; position:absolute; top: 30%; left:50%;">
<h1 style="margin:0; font-size:150px; line-height:150px; font-weight:bold;">500</h1>
<h2 style="margin-top:20px;font-size: 30px;">Internal Server Error
</h2>
<p>An internal server error has occured.</p>
</div></div></body></html>

defaultAjaxError @ core-compiled.js?_v=9f6d9d20:3

4:11:10 PM EDT approximately on a totally different computer tried to edit the same message (twice) got the error

Here is what I copied from the console I hope it is helpful. Browser is chrome.
Could you link the post you're trying to edit?

Just tried the edit again, this time using Safari browser, same error.

Message here...

This preview does not look like the message at all but when I click it does go to my message in question.

🐯

Just tried the edit again, this time using Safari browser, same error.

Message here...

This preview does not look like the message at all but when I click it does go to my message in question.

🐯

Try editing your post again, please.

It saved the edit this time, thanks!

🐯

Wonderful. In case you were curious, there was an overzealous security rule capturing what it thought was a SQL injection attack in the thread. The offending rule has been adjusted and shouldn't give us any more grief.

Back
Top Bottom