• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

weekend Boston shooting

jcr

There was a shooting in Boston on late Saturday. I guess it didn't get much coverage because no one was kiilled.

Nevertheless, it would have been shocking, front page news everywhere else in the state.

One thing I'm sure about -- this was not caused by any lack of gun control laws.

From Monday's News briefs column:

Man, 19, arrested on drug charge​

A man, 19, was arrested on marijuana possession charges Saturday night by Boston police officers investigating the triple shooting of a 12-year-old and two 11-year-olds, according to Jake Wark, a spokesman for the Suffolk District Attorney's office. Dominique Finch had a gunshot wound when police arrested him blocks from the crime scene at the Academy Homes I apartment complex in Roxbury. Boston police said separately that they were questioning a man, 19, who suffered a gunshot wound and was charged with possession of marijuana Saturday night in relation to the shooting on Academy Terrace, police spokesman Eddy Crispin said. He would not say if it was Finch.​

Last edited:
There was a shooting in Boston on late Saturday. I guess it didn't get much coverage because no one was kiilled.

It got coverage on the evening news those nights, complete with antis bashing guns and all the typical coverage.

Well, I for one doubt there is any connection to drugs, gangs and a whole host of parental issues.[shocked]

Kidding![grin]

Man, someone raised that gun poorly. It should have been taught that shooting someone in cold blood is wrong. I think it should sit in jail for 10 years and think about what it did.

Nevertheless, it would have been shocking, front page news everywhere else in the state.

One thing I'm sure about -- this was not caused by any lack of gun control laws.

From Monday's News briefs column:

Man, 19, arrested on drug charge​

A man, 19, was arrested on marijuana possession charges Saturday night by Boston police officers investigating the triple shooting of a 12-year-old and two 11-year-olds, according to Jake Wark, a spokesman for the Suffolk District Attorney's office. Dominique Finch had a gunshot wound when police arrested him blocks from the crime scene at the Academy Homes I apartment complex in Roxbury. Boston police said separately that they were questioning a man, 19, who suffered a gunshot wound and was charged with possession of marijuana Saturday night in relation to the shooting on Academy Terrace, police spokesman Eddy Crispin said. He would not say if it was Finch.​

Doesn't matter - the antis get all over it anyway. See, all we need is to ban guns entirely from the planet and we'll usher in the Age of Aquarius etc etc etc. if there are no guns, there'll be no gun violence [rolleyes]

Eventually we'll be strapped into chairs in padded rooms watching bad TV but we'll be SAFE!

Doesn't matter - the antis get all over it anyway. See, all we need is to ban guns entirely from the planet and we'll usher in the Age of Aquarius etc etc etc. if there are no guns, there'll be no gun violence [rolleyes]

Eventually we'll be strapped into chairs in padded rooms watching bad TV but we'll be SAFE!

Yea, I am gonna see where I can pickup a white robe with a rope tassle belt some sandles and flower crown so I will fit right in when that happens.

Follow-up story

Not much unexpected. The attack on 11 & 12 yr olds was part of feud between gangs from the housing project and another neighborhood.

They found the gun in an alley without fingerprints. They've charged a 17y guy whom witneses identified but whose lawyer claims the guy has no idea why he was arrested. Charged with A&B w/ deadly weapon, but the paper doesn't mention any gyn charges.

Much hand wringing because of neighborhood apathy.

3 boys shot because of where they live
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/10/23/3_boys_shot_because_of_where_they_live/

If only it was illegal for that 17 year old to have been carrying a gun, these three children wouldn't have been shot. Hopefully he gets the maximum possible sentence for his crimes. After the bad press Menino got last week from the other incident, let's hope he smartens up enough (divine intervention?) to pressure the courts to lock this guy up for a long time. I don't have any faith this will happen, it's more likely they'll add 10 more laws prohibiting the carrying of a handgun.

Back
Top Bottom