Wayland LTC

A friend of mine wants to get her LTC in Wayland and was wondering if they give unrestricted or not. I did a search and didn't find anything recent so I thought I would ask here. TIA

Latest Comm2A data says that 34% of the licenses they issued in 2015 were restricted.

Latest Comm2A data says that 34% of the licenses they issued in 2015 were restricted.

Things must have changed. I got my first LTC when I lived in Wayland, this was only in 2012.
Easy process, officer that took my info and prints was very down to earth, LTC-A with no restrictions..
What changed Wayland folks?

I got my LTC in Wayland two years ago. I was given a Sporting restriction. I was very honest with the Chief and told him that I didn't have any prior firearms experience and I didn't have a NEED to CCW. I told him that I was planning on taking a CCW course. He said that I could request for the Sporting restriction to be lifted after I get some experience.
Has anyone requested getting their restriction lifted in Wayland? Is it a hassle?

Wayland is NOT green, I don't care what that chart says. The CoP is from CT and is a tool.

First off, you need to write an essay on why they should grant your Second Amendment Right.
Second, the chief does not like to give out unrestricted LTC's.

I got mine with sporting restrictions because "that's what the chief does" because apparently the US Army is not a good enough firearms instructor. I was fuming and asked how to get the restrictions removed. The chief said that if I got training and came back in a year he would think about it. I took several classes and made an appointment after a few months with letters in hand. At this point, the CoP was surprised that I was back so soon (apparently he likes to wait a full year) but he grudgingly removed them.

On the other hand, my wife got her LTC with no restrictions. She had no training, had never shot a gun, but was a bartender at the time.

The CoP is a special snowflake typical of a town that actually calls themselves progressive in their charter.

Did you have to justify to the CoP why you were asking for the restriction to be lifted? I still don't have a NEED to CCW, other than I might want to do it from time to time. Also, how many courses do you think I need to take. I was planning on only taking one CCW course.

Last edited:
Did you have to justify to the CoP why you were asking for the restriction to be lifted? I still don't have a NEED to CCW, other than I might want to do it from time to time.

I don't understand this statement.

I don't understand this statement.

Last time I spoke with the CoP, he asked if I needed to carry for work or if I carried large sums of money, or some other justification. He was sort of implying that I shouldn't have the restriction lifted unless I fell into one of those categories.

Is this the same town that requires a gun range log to be passed in with your LTC paperwork?

No.

Last time I spoke with the CoP, he asked if I needed to carry for work or if I carried large sums of money, or some other justification. He was sort of implying that I shouldn't have the restriction lifted unless I fell into one of those categories.

He is being a progressive *******. No, I did not have any more "justification" than the Constitution requires for me to defend my life and those of my family.

The rules have also changed wrt CoP and restrictions due to the legislation passed last year. This may be small fish for Comm2A but they have been active on this front.

The Sporting restrictions are bogus as are his needing you to justify exercising your Second Amendment right.

This is yet another example of why we need this election and the SCOTUS seats that will come with it.

The rules have also changed wrt CoP and restrictions due to the legislation passed last year. This may be small fish for Comm2A but they have been active on this front.

The Sporting restrictions are bogus as are his needing you to justify exercising your Second Amendment right.

This is yet another example of why we need this election and the SCOTUS seats that will come with it.

I'm not familiar with what rules have changed recently. Do you mind elaborating on this or providing a link with more info? Thanks.

No, the MA legislature passed new regulations in 2014 that went into effect January 2015. They expanded your ability to contest restrictions and was supposed to reduce the ability of CoP's to go off the reservation like this.

As I remember it, the towns involved in that case chose to change their policy rather than see the case through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom