• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waterville man convicted of firearms charges

A Waterville man, Julian Petre, 50, was convicted Monday of illegally receiving and shipping firearms, including guns he allegedly sent to Romania. The federal charges say he illegally exported 16 firearms to Romania from September to November 2007 via the U.S. Postal Service and filed forms about that in the Waterville post office but “knowingly failed to obtain” authorization from the U.S. Department of State. Petre said he was born in Romania and has dual citizenship, and has been living in the United States for the past 27 years. Petre had a Title 1 dealer or gunsmith license at one point, and the address listed for the business is 263 North Pond Road, Winslow. Petre was found guilty of receiving seven weapons from six different states, all between Oct. 22, 2012, and Aug. 13, 2013. Petre was convicted of three counts of illegal exporting a firearm: a Browning rifle on Jan. 25, 2013; a Remington rifle on May 17, 2013; and a Browning rifle on Aug. 17, 2013. As a result of the convictions, Petre faces up to 10 years in prison, a $250,000 fine and three years of supervised release. He will be sentenced after the completion of a pre-sentence investigation.

<http://www.pressherald.com/2017/08/29/waterville-man-convicted-of-firearms-charges/>

A Waterville man, Julian Petre, 50, was convicted Monday of illegally receiving and shipping firearms, including guns he allegedly sent to Romania. The federal charges say he illegally exported 16 firearms to Romania from September to November 2007 via the U.S. Postal Service and filed forms about that in the Waterville post office but “knowingly failed to obtain” authorization from the U.S. Department of State. Petre said he was born in Romania and has dual citizenship, and has been living in the United States for the past 27 years. Petre had a Title 1 dealer or gunsmith license at one point, and the address listed for the business is 263 North Pond Road, Winslow. Petre was found guilty of receiving seven weapons from six different states, all between Oct. 22, 2012, and Aug. 13, 2013. Petre was convicted of three counts of illegal exporting a firearm: a Browning rifle on Jan. 25, 2013; a Remington rifle on May 17, 2013; and a Browning rifle on Aug. 17, 2013. As a result of the convictions, Petre faces up to 10 years in prison, a $250,000 fine and three years of supervised release. He will be sentenced after the completion of a pre-sentence investigation.

<http://www.pressherald.com/2017/08/29/waterville-man-convicted-of-firearms-charges/>
Shipping guns to ROMANIA? How did he think that was a good idea? Whether or not you agree with making private business illegal, this guy wasn't the brightest bulb in the box.

All this says is you can get away with anything once, just not 16 times.

This is a serious offensive, since i was NV shopping i noticed all the warnings about international resale. Which i already was aware of.... you can't even cross into Mexico or Canada with the intent of returning without prior authorization.

I was reading an article about isis buying various equipment via Twitter/facebook.
Aparently you can sell a 3-4k USD thermal or NV for 75,000 brittish pounds,i assume it was the conversion done by the author. Id imagine terrorists pay in USD.

You'd have to be posibbly the biggest piece of shit in the USA to do something like that.but dam thats some markup

All this says is you can get away with anything once, just not 16 times.

This is a serious offensive, since i was NV shopping i noticed all the warnings about international resale. Which i already was aware of.... you can't even cross into Mexico or Canada with the intent of returning without prior authorization.

I was reading an article about isis buying various equipment via Twitter/facebook.
Aparently you can sell a 3-4k USD thermal or NV for 75,000 brittish pounds,i assume it was the conversion done by the author. Id imagine terrorists pay in USD.

You'd have to be posibbly the biggest piece of shit in the USA to do something like that.but dam thats some markup

Sell thermals to isis that are rigged to blind the user. Get $75,000 dollars and support freedom. Also that can't be real even isis can't be dumb enough to realize that 75Gs could buy a lot of other stuff.

Im sure at that price its a sting, but i bet sales happen

victimless crime. he is guilty of being an idiot but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always wondered who mailed George Clooney that Mini-14.

they probably put a cooler rifle in his hands and were like "oh wait you're a loser here's a mini 14" [smile] ....i kid i kid...i'm a mini 14 loser too

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom