Waterproof boots?

It depends on what you are going to be doing wiht them. Redwings are fantastic but pricey and geared for construction. their sister brand irish setter are alway a good bet. LL bean's maine hunting shoe is a safe bet as well.

Ive got the Irish setters for work and a pair of Colombia's for snow. The I.S. seem to be a really well made boot and comfortable right from day one. Pricey ( for me at least, think I paid $190). The Columbia's are the same.

Best boots I ever had for being in the snow all day were those big yellow rubber ones that I used to slide right over my work boots. Bone dry inside all day.

Looking for something to hunt in and last a long time don't mind spend 300$ ish on them something that'll keep my feet dry in a shtf scenario.

I swear by my old pair of LL Bean Pack boots. Used Snow Seal on the uppers and they are warm and dry.

Punctured the toe one year and put an inner tube patch on the hole. When I got back from Camp I had Bean replace the bottoms.

Only problem is that they are only 10" and if I get into a puddle deeper than than My feet get wet and I'm changing the felt liners that night.

If you're only concerned with dry, I'd look at the Maine Hunting shoe in the hight you perfer and apply Snow Seal to the uppers. Be sure to follow the directions on the package.

I'm not too concerned about height I'd be getting water proof pants that seal around the boots. I'm just sick of having boots where the water soaks threw them after a couple hours.

leather%20seal.jpg
this stuff works awesome.

I work outdoors and if you are willing to pay the $250 for the American made Redwings, it is an investment you will not regret. They are by far the best made boots out there imo. When there is snow on the ground, I am in it all day and my Redwings keep me dry and warm all day. Keep in mind that good boots do need routine maintainence just like any other gear or tool. I consider good footwear an essential part of my outfit and do not even consider cost. You will get a comfortable and durable boot.
I will agree there may be better cost effective alternatives depending on what your needs are. I have tried numerous good brands of boots over the years and honestly none have even come close to the Redwings. If you get a pair, just make sure you take care of them and they will last you quite a long time.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Foot...797980;cat104747580;cat104826780;cat104841180

Check these out! I bought a pair before this past whitetail season and couldn't be happier. In the past I have switched between a good pair of hiking boots and a pair of muck boots depending on the terrain. It seemed that I was always in muck boots when we were hiking 5 miles and in hiking boots when I needed to cross a stream.
This year I was comfortable in all conditions. My feet have never been so comfortable. We had many days of sitting a stand in the morning, still hunting for the day and sitting again in the evening and my feet were warm in the stand and dry on the trail. We walked a good 5 min through a foot of water last sat and I was amazed not even a drop of water got in.
I highly recommend these boots.

I have had good luck with Cabela's Outfitter Series 1200 gram 11" boot.
They are a little on the heavy side, but my feet have been warm and dry.

Lol I'm like a 10 :( what particular boot do you guys use of danner I'm looking through them I want something I could run in that's waterproof and stays warm.

What is wrong with rubber boots? I wore mine doing the driveway and bashing through the woods with the kids for 2-4 hours at a time. Some nice wool socks, and all was cozy and dry. $20 at Klem's.

EDIT: Oh, I just missed your post. Running in them would suck if you are going more than 100 yards.

My local cobbler sold me some of this mink oil and it is awesome. Kiwi makes it too, which CVS sells.

Goop it on then soften it up with a hair dryer (particularly if you're doing it in winter!) then work it in with a rag. I put three coats on some old boots and they're better than new. They look a little waxy, but I put on A LOT. Water seems to run the other way though!

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-054-010-Mink-Oil-Paste/dp/B002TEHMEM

He also sold me some desalt cleaner, which turned the white leather back to its original brown color. It's amazing what you can do when you get the right advice!

I got some redwing Irish setters elk trackers 260$ but there incredibly comfortable warm and I appreciate everyone's input leading me to buying these.

Love my Sorels - got them for rabbit hunting in NH many years ago. Current model closest to the ones I have seems to be the Maverick. Warm and dry - what more could you want?

Wore these while stationed in Alaska. Danner Ft Lewis 600 gram Thinsulate. Leave enough room to accomodate a moderate 100% wool sock. The only time my feet were cold was while standing still at -40F.
http://www.danner.com/fort-lewistm-mens-womens-600g-non-metallic-safety-toe-uniform-boots.html

The soles on mine were a little too hard and didn't gain much traction at all on snow or ice. Buy a set of the rubber/spike/cleats to go over. I still have these boots over 10 years later and my feet are still staying dry.

this is the shit you want:

17923.medium.jpg

waterproof, easy to get on and off, will last for generations, everything else is for pussies and hippies

this is the shit you want:

17923.medium.jpg

waterproof, easy to get on and off, will last for generations, everything else is for pussies and hippies

Those are the worst boots. I owned a pair and I kept them together with plumbing sealant. If it wasn't for the sealant, they would've fell apart a month or so after I bought them.

They are however, water and snow resistant. As long as they don't fall apart.

I have a pair of Carhartt steeltoe boots without laces (pull ons, aka jackboots). They are much better than those old CommBloc boots. And any shoes or anything fabric can be waterproofed with a waterproofing spray. I do it to my sneakers, coat, boots, my gun case, eveything. It works great. Made by the Kiwi shoe polish people.

Back
Top Bottom