Looking for advice on boots

A lot of great suggestions here - can't go wrong with many of them. I for one am a Vasque fan. I bought my first pair back in 1993 and still have them. My second pair in 1995 and still have them, (both have been resoled and one relined). My Sundowners you would swear are not that old - they have been that tough. My Skywalks have seen better days - Africa put the hurtin on them, but they are still in use - today as a matter of fact. I have bought more Vasques since then and love them all. Be aware - as with many, (if not all) of the boot manufacturers, many of their models are made in China, Indonesia, Thailand, etc...Vasque is no different. There's "Made In Italy" and there's "Made In Indonesia". I think the Pacific Vasque has decent build quality, but not quite the level of Italy...I own a lot of boots and have hiked nearly all over the world. I have Timberlands, Danner, NorthFace, Merrill, Solomon, Hi-Tec and beyond. I find something about every one of them I like, but Vasque has everything I like...

Any of the major boot brands like Danner,Wolverine,Rocky..ect are a good way to go. I just got a pair of Danner hot weather hikers for the summer when I go hiking. they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I have flat feet and wear corrective insoles. I also have ankle problems and I need support for my ankles that only boots can give me.

Back
Top Bottom