Watch out!! Legislators on a roll again

I was reading the GOAL site and it says two proposed laws are quietly making their way through Beacon Hil:

H.1960 “An Act Relative to the Possession of Firearms by Certain Persons” was released favorably by the Committee. This is a bill mandating that all physicians treating patients for alzheimer’s and other dementias report it to the local licensing authority who shall then revoke any firearm licenses and confiscate all firearms. There is no review or appeal in this bill.

H.2125 “An Act Relative to Controlling Firearms in the Commonwealth” was released favorably as amended by the Committee. This is an extensive anti rights bill that contains a laundry list of bad legislation ranging from “One Gun a Month” to handgun liability insurance.

S.1335 “An Act Relative to Completing the Assault Weapon Ban” was released favorably by the Committee. This is the bill that would ban the pre-ban semi-autos.

Old news
Sorry

I got all hyper when I saw it, and was soothed by those who look at these bills every session and see the same ones over and over

But that does not mean stop fighting it. It means that the gungrabers are determined to take our guns and we must be vigilant about it.

RepofMA,

Yes, they get filed each session, that is a fact of life.

HOWEVER, when the committee reports them out as "OUGHT TO PASS", that puts them on-track to pass into law (as opposed to being put "in study" which is a death knell for the bill).

Knowing the Chair of the Public Safety Committee, it's no surprise that he'll attempt to push ALL gun bans that he can. The only people who could put him in his place would be the Pink Pistols, which now seem to be "silent" in this area since David left MA. Since Barrios is gay, having a gay rights group bash him over the head with "gay people need to be able to defend themselves" may make a point with him (but only if he has any working brain cells, which is doubtful)!

o no

what doses this all mean i have many pre ban guns
will ihave to sell them or are they going to come and take them from me
because that would realy get under my skin.
so would it be a buy back program or like i said are they going
to take them unlawfully :(

The Comm of MA will never give you fair market value for anything that it confiscates. They might give you $25 or $50 gift certificates to some toy store or maybe in lottery tickets :) but nowhere near the actual value.

As proposed, it is my understanding that they would become illegal to possess, we'd get nothing for them, we'd either have to sell them out of state or turn them in to avoid becoming felons.

Don't count on any court in MA finding for the US Constitution!

LenS said:
The Comm of MA will never give you fair market value for anything that it confiscates. They might give you $25 or $50 gift certificates to some toy store or maybe in lottery tickets :) but nowhere near the actual value.

As proposed, it is my understanding that they would become illegal to possess, we'd get nothing for them, we'd either have to sell them out of state or turn them in to avoid becoming felons.

No, No, No, Len, no free Lottery Tix. Remember the big mess with the free coupons and stuff!

My understanding of the "completion of the AWB" would be that the next transfer of current in-state pre-bans must be out of state.

JonJ said:
LenS said:

No, No, No, Len, no free Lottery Tix. Remember the big mess with the free coupons and stuff!

Yup, I used to get those coupons in the mail.

Back
Top Bottom