Washington, DC handgun registration process

WOW... that is intense, and makes MA look reasonable by comparison (Yup... I know MA is not reasonable... just an observation).

Cheers,

Rich

After reading that item, I could see where a person could put on a bit of weight while proceesing the gun. Seems like a lot of eating for one gun.[smile]

It certainly is not reasonable that is for sure. A person should not have to jump through that many hoops to do/buy something that is a right.

That's insane.

Does Sykes still charge an obscene amount for doing the transfer?

Last I remember it was something like $100-$130.00.

A bump, just so that people remember what Heller still means for those living in DC.

Does Sykes still charge an obscene amount for doing the transfer?

Last I remember it was something like $100-$130.00.

I wouldn't put myself on a lifetime hook as a potential plaintiff for a mere $130 without incident bases, not claims based, insurance - which would significantly eat into the $$. The shop that had the AR15 used by the DC sniper stolen from their inventory announced their "Victory" when they agreed to settle the case for a mere $2,000,000.

police performed a ballistics test? I thought moon island was a pain.

Which means that the local PD will shoot the piss out of the gun. If you have a highly valued unfired gun, family heirloom, or an older gun where ammo is nearly impossible to find, I doubt they'll make any exceptions.

Which means that the local PD will shoot the piss out of the gun.

No, they will fire a very small number of shots and keep the brass casing on file. It still takes the gun out of the "unfired" condition though.

No, they will fire a very small number of shots and keep the brass casing on file. It still takes the gun out of the "unfired" condition though.

MSP says the same thing when guns are sent to them for ballistics testing, then the gun comes back with residue from several hundred rounds being put through it. I'm not saying it happens with every single gun, but taking the guns out for fun time at the range isn't unheard of, especially if it's something interesting.

No gun is "unfired" by the time it leaves the factory. I'm not aware of any gun maker that doesn't test fire every gun.

Presentation guns, custom stuff...either way, you're not going to have a NIB gun by the time they're done with it, whether it's 3 rounds or 3,000.

Back
Top Bottom