Walmart to stop carrying ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in Seekonk Ma last night and was told that once what was there was gone no more ammo. South Attleboro had ammo and had no knowledge about why Seekonk was not going to sell ammo any more. Any other Walmarts stoping ammo sales?

Seems like a very bad business decision in today's economy. Ammo sells and with Walmart's sales significantly down for the year, I find it hard to believe they'd stop selling something that they sell out of all the time. Get rid of the "As seen on TV" stuff that collects shelf space collecting dust first.

The Wal-Mart in Pittsfield, MA is just about always full of ammo. That may just be because Pittsfield is a red town. Nothing but shotgun ammo going out the door most of the time.

Confirmation?

Was in Seekonk Ma last night and was told that once what was there was gone no more ammo. South Attleboro had ammo and had no knowledge about why Seekonk was not going to sell ammo any more. Any other Walmarts stoping ammo sales?

This rumor went around about Walmart in Danvers too when they renovated. Seems every employee I asked had a different story each one ending in "duuuuuuhhhhhhh whatever the evil corporation decides".

I imagine it has more to do with their license than it does their outright decision to stop. Unless you know someone in management you may never REALLY know until the section is taken out.

This canard comes up a few times a month.

At least in MA, when a walmart stops selling ammo, it's because it either got it's licensed yanked or it expired and they didn't renew it. Happens more often than you would think.

-Mike

Last edited:
Perhaps changing the title of this post to "Walmart in Seekonk to stop carrying ammo " is in order. Just because one Walmart no longer sells ammo doesn't mean that they all will stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom