Walmart Ammo exploding?

Hey I have bought most of my ammo at Walmart for my WWB 9mm. It all looked and worked great.
But I will say that today I went to the Walmart in Lunenburg and saw 1 lonely box of 50 ct. WWB FMJ .40Cal only $16.97. So I was excited as I just paid $22 at a Gun Shop.

As they rang it up(after tracking down a clerk who asked a clerk who had the keys then called the office who then sent a Asst Mgr who did not know where the keys were who call and found them laying in a box under the open area counter) I notice the box was a little excessively worn so I slid the rack of 50 out for inspection.
Well I said hold it...no sale as this ammo is not right. All the casings were tarnished and stained badly unlike any I had even seen before. Something was wrong but not sure what exactly. Either way I error on the side of caution and told the manager that he should have someone verify this is okay to sell. He said don't know anything about if it is or isn't . So I got my money back and walk around a bit more as I left I strolled by the ammo case and found they had placed it back out for sale....Not surprised as they probably figure someone will not look before buying.., So buyer beware as this could happen anytime I guess.

Hey I have bought most of my ammo at Walmart for my WWB 9mm. It all looked and worked great.
But I will say that today I went to the Walmart in Lunenburg and saw 1 lonely box of 50 ct. WWB FMJ .40Cal only $16.97. So I was excited as I just paid $22 at a Gun Shop.

As they rang it up(after tracking down a clerk who asked a clerk who had the keys then called the office who then sent a Asst Mgr who did not know where the keys were who call and found them laying in a box under the open area counter) I notice the box was a little excessively worn so I slid the rack of 50 out for inspection.
Well I said hold it...no sale as this ammo is not right. All the casings were tarnished and stained badly unlike any I had even seen before. Something was wrong but not sure what exactly. Either way I error on the side of caution and told the manager that he should have someone verify this is okay to sell. He said don't know anything about if it is or isn't . So I got my money back and walk around a bit more as I left I strolled by the ammo case and found they had placed it back out for sale....Not surprised as they probably figure someone will not look before buying.., So buyer beware as this could happen anytime I guess.
Maybe they needed to be washed.

You know, thats what I figured, since I couldnt find anything.

It is Richie's Sporting Supply in Westport, MA.

He told me there were already 3 reports of that happening. He actually shouted out some numbers, said that a guy bought a bunch of ammo and put 132 rounds down range, and on the 133rd round, his gun disappeared out of his hands.

Apparently what happened was they are suppose to rebuild the machines after 10 million rounds, and cut corners by rebuilding after 12 million rounds. My first thought was that maybe he got together with a lot of other gun shop owners to try to spread this rumor so people would go to their shops instead of the mega stores.

He also said that Dick's was also having the same issue with cheap ammo.

I ALWAYS TAKE WHAT RICHIE SAYS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT EVEN WITH HIS VAST EXPERIENCE .......KEEP IN MIND IF THE GUNSHOPS CAN KEEP YOU OUT OF WALMART ,DICKS, ETC. WHO MAKES THE MONEY ? AND ALWAYS AT A HIGHER PRICE.ALSO ANYONE THAT FEELS THEY NEED TO KNOCK OTHER GUNSHOPS (CAN YOU SAY NORTHEST TRADING?) WHAT ARE THERE REAL MOTIVES ? AND WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT THERE INTEGRITY ?

The aforementioned companies apparently took short cuts when building the ammo, classic for something sold at a Wal-Mart (Mongoose, anybody?) and as a result, the ammo will sometimes explode in the chamber resulting in a destroyed firearm and possible injury.

Sounds like a big steaming pile of bullsh*t to me!

Bullshit.jpg

I'm not one to hate, but I called Richie's a couple weeks ago to do an FFL transfer and he said it was $50!

If you want to do a transfer and you're anywhere near Marlborough, call Callaghan's - he does transfers for $25.

ammo

that guy could be sued for malicious gossip.all that companies do to keep price low is less inspection.and guns dont shatter like that discription.just remember if he would do that to his compediter what would he do to a customer???.
my club in Mass had a reloading room and I hear it has upgraded.
about time to reload.[grin]

WELL thats a interesting buch of stuff to take into consideration...to compare with other knowledge of substandard ammo being built by certain factories.ITS quality control and the budget,of a contract..to inspect ..thats why a voltage regulator at one stores 10.00 and another is 40.00..SO HHHHMMM I know black clowd ammo from dicks wont eject in a 3.5 inch shotgun shooting 3 inch but the ones from the factory direct did...i beleive the shop owner somewhat..you all want a deal,but its not the best deal sometimes..I PAY MORE to keep the family operated businesses going,at the hardware store,drugstore ect...WHO wants to live inna box and then shop in one? not me

Back
Top Bottom