• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waders for duck hunting.

Looking for a new pair of chest waders. Have used Banded for several seasons and only had one complaint. How the boot is attached to the legs. That is the first failure point. My latest pair that I tossed dry rotted on the boot top where the slide on hanger rested.
Generally for every $100 you spend is about how many seasons of use if you hunt almost daily.
What waders are you using likes and dislikes.

Before someone says Sitka. Yeah I almost bought a pair several years ago for the lifetime repair. Here's the deal you have to send them the waders and eventually you'll get them back. So if a leak happens during the season (when else would it) you need to have another pair to continue chasing the birds.

First Lite is coming out with waders. They claim they are game changers. We shall see. I’ve had Frogg Togg hips that wore out after 5-6 uses over a couple of years. That pissed me off.

I have a pair of Cabela's camo neoprene boot foot that have been durable and warm. No problems after numerous years even though I use them for saltwater fly fishing more than duck hunting.

Back
Top Bottom