• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Virginia beach shooting

Not sure if serious, this is adult victims (low value to antis) , like only about a dozen or so, and a black guy (with likely dem affiliations) as the shooter, not to mention the BG is dead, so that destroys his memetic value, there's no trial or prosecution for the media to harp on for 2 years. Also in a "half square state" (VA, not some big ultra moonbat mecca) Much like the navy yard incident, it'll be off the feed in under a week. Another good analog is the congressional baseball game moonbat shooter guy, that disappeared within a month or so too. If it wasn't for Scalise surviving it, nobody would remember it because the media swept it under the rug.

-Mike
Media also has a tenancy to bury "workplace violence" incidents, which this clearly is.

Come Monday the story will be forgotten when word breaks that some Democrat rep from Hawaii files the first article of impeachment against Trump.

The can has no bearing whatsoever on this
It should not but probably will. What matters is "suppressor" is in several of the stories. The firearm prohibition horde can seize upon this as a way to mete out punishment to firearm owners.

We can forget about suppressors coming off of the NFA now. I could see Trump banning them outright.
Yes. Or this could be the last opportunity we have to educate people that suppressors don't silence things and make little difference to anything other than ear drums.

People heard gun fire. Loud gun fire.

Yes. Or this could be the last opportunity we have to educate people that suppressors don't silence things and make little difference to anything other than ear drums.

People heard gun fire. Loud gun fire.

Facts, yeah that’ll work.

Gun owners like suppressors, that’s all they need to know to hate them.

Did 'silencer' make a difference in Virginia Beach carnage?

“It is the nightmare scenario that gun-control advocates have warned about amid efforts in recent years to ease restrictions on the devices, which they say can help shooters escape detection and inflict more carnage. But gun-rights advocates and most law enforcement experts say DeWayne Craddock's use of a suppressor likely had no bearing on his ability to kill so many people in so little time on Friday...

That could at least partially explain why survivors of the attack said they were caught off-guard and initially puzzled by what was happening. One described hearing something that sounded like a nail gun.

"This is the concern we were talking about when Republicans were trying to deregulate silencers as 'ear protection'," said David Chipman, a retired agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and now senior policy adviser with Giffords, a gun-control lobbying group.

"Especially on a handgun, a suppressor will distort the sound in such a way that it would not immediately be recognisable as gunfire to people who sort of know what that sound is."

Oh yeah, how many people might misidentify the sound of a suppressed 45 but would “immediately” recognize the sound of an unsuppressed 45 indoors, perhaps on a different floor?

And Nail Gun Massacre - Wikipedia

“It is the nightmare scenario that gun-control advocates have warned about amid efforts in recent years to ease restrictions on the devices, which they say can help shooters escape detection and inflict more carnage. But gun-rights advocates and most law enforcement experts say DeWayne Craddock's use of a suppressor likely had no bearing on his ability to kill so many people in so little time on Friday...

That could at least partially explain why survivors of the attack said they were caught off-guard and initially puzzled by what was happening. One described hearing something that sounded like a nail gun.

"This is the concern we were talking about when Republicans were trying to deregulate silencers as 'ear protection'," said David Chipman, a retired agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and now senior policy adviser with Giffords, a gun-control lobbying group.

"Especially on a handgun, a suppressor will distort the sound in such a way that it would not immediately be recognisable as gunfire to people who sort of know what that sound is."

Oh yeah, how many people might misidentify the sound of a suppressed 45 but would “immediately” recognize the sound of an unsuppressed 45 indoors, perhaps on a different floor?

And Nail Gun Massacre - Wikipedia
Yup, the new Bump Stock

Aurora ,Ill shooter back in Feb. was a digruntled employee at the Henry Pratt Co. was a man of color and had a previous charge against against him for domestic battery and was still able to acquire a firearm through legal channels.
A year or so later the local PD sent him a notice in the mail stating he as was a prohibited person and his permit was no longer valid and to turn in his firearm.
No follow up on this apparently

AFAIK this is the first one of these shootings where the perp was black.

The navy yard immediately comes to mind. It was a black perp there as well. There are several others as well. When the perp isn't a straight white male, the media tends to ignore any details about the perp and almost always the atrocity isn't newsworthy after a day or two.

I hate the fact that when shit like this happens, I have to be worried about my rights in addition to being concerned for the victims.

Thanks leftists, thanks a lot.

You're right, but it's also my position that your rights would always be under attack anyways.

Shooter is 40 year old black man DeWayne Craddock. He used a .45 with suppressor

I wonder what his beef was?
Long Island rail road shooter was black.
20 years later: Long Island Rail Road shooting remembered as day killer Colin Ferguson went off the rails

Media has been pushing it as a white guy thing for a long time, same as serial killers. Hear something often enough and people start to believe it to be true.

Shooter is 40 year old black man DeWayne Craddock. He used a .45 with suppressor

I wonder what his beef was?

Really? What happens to your stat when we classify inner-city drive-bys as mass shootings?

Not sure if it counts as "this kind" but the DC sniper was a team of "non whites" if i recall correctly.
I remember the DC snipers well, the top story went from the upcoming invasion of Iraq to the snipers for about 2 months. Funny thing is that once they were caught, about a week after, it went right back to Iraq and later the Laci Peterson disappearance.

Had the snipers been White guys and their victims largely Black, that would have been a a talking point repeated ad nauseum for months prior to the 94 AWB expiration and would still be brought up by anti's just like Columbine.

“Weekend Effect” - journalists don’t want to waste effort while we’re watching sports or playing outside. It’ll be back next week.

No it won't. It was played out the minute the press found out the shooter's race. They'll maybe show some funeral BS but the shooting story is history.

Monday morning will bring new news

The media's just not interested of focused on it, if it's not some huge number like 20+ dead, if it's not a school shooting, or some White guy mass killing minorities or some other "victim" group, the media ignores it.

You look at the mass shootings the media has focused on the most the past 20 years and continues to use as talking points: Columbine, Virginia Tech, Gabby Giffords, Aurora, Sandy Hook, the Black South Carolina church shooting, Pulse nightclub, Vegas, and Parkland school shooting.

The focus is schools, very large death tolls (Pulse and Vegas), or White racism (Black church).

Tomorrow at the first sign of a plunging stock market, CNN is going to have Wolf Blitzer on stand by all day, the breaking news music and logo will play, Wolfy will be standing there all grim faced like Joe Biden has just been shot, and state very calmly that Trump's tariffs and trade policies have just destroyed the US economy.

Then the markets will surge up a few hundred points an hour before the markets close.

The media will put every effort into not talking about this shooting.

The media's just not interested of focused on it, if it's not some huge number like 20+ dead, if it's not a school shooting, or some White guy mass killing minorities or some other "victim" group, the media ignores it.

You look at the mass shootings the media has focused on the most the past 20 years and continues to use as talking points: Columbine, Virginia Tech, Gabby Giffords, Aurora, Sandy Hook, the Black South Carolina church shooting, Pulse nightclub, Vegas, and Parkland school shooting.

The focus is schools, very large death tolls (Pulse and Vegas), or White racism (Black church).

Tomorrow at the first sign of a plunging stock market, CNN is going to have Wolf Blitzer on stand by all day, the breaking news music and logo will play, Wolfy will be standing there all grim faced like Joe Biden has just been shot, and state very calmly that Trump's tariffs and trade policies have just destroyed the US economy.

Then the markets will surge up a few hundred points an hour before the markets close.

The media will put every effort into not talking about this shooting.
This^
These shootings have turned solely into political events .
For the rabid Prohibitionists to go wild in the media screaming for confiscation.

And from here forward should be viewed with extreme scrutiny.
As a sponsored wag the tail happening.

This^
These shootings have turned solely into political events .
For the rabid Prohibitionists to go wild in the media screaming for confiscation.

And from here forward should be viewed with extreme scrutiny.
As a sponsored wag the tail happening.
While I already know the answer, I'd like to ask the editors, producers, and other people in news media why they didn't focus on the Navy yard shooting (Black shooter), the Fort Worth base shooting (Muslim Army Major), Dallas police killings (Black shooter) the Sutherland Springs church shooting (Dishonorably discharged Prohibited Person w/ domestic violence convictions the Air Force didn't submit to the FBI), the Oregon community college shooting (Black shooter, who in pics had his skin doctored to look White), the San Bernadino shooting (Muslim husband and wife), and the Texas school shooting last May (pump shotgun and .38 revolver) as much as they have the others that I mentioned.

The best I can figure is the shooters weren't the White... I mean, right ethnicity, were Muslims, or didn't use the "evil black guns" that have shoulder thingy's that go up.

The two that really have me confused are the two from Texas: the church shooting (large death toll) and the school shooting. I have to believe that the reason the school shooting wasn't focused on was because the guns used were not semi auto's and didn't have high capacity magazines.

The Sutherland Springs shooting I figure has multiple reasons as to why it was buried.

1. Shooter was clearly a dangerous person who was dishonorably discharged and was an ex-con who shouldn't have had guns and was able to get them because the Air Force f***ed up not informing the FBI to update his file on the database.

Reason media doesn't report this: Govt f*** up.

2. The victims were mostly old White Christians. As we've all discovered, White people don't matter, we all have privilege. Them all being Christians in church on a Sunday just makes them even more deplorable.

3. Guy who killed the shooter was not a cop and was another deplorable White guy and an NRA member with an AR-15 that was stored securely.

So yeah, all these shootings are are political virtue signaling events.

These shootings are horrible things and unfortunately we've seen way too many of them in the past 10-15 years, but they pale in comparison to those who are saved from harm by using guns to protect themselves.

Back
Top Bottom