[Video] Helpful or annoying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lGbrCLokcI

Summary is just that these guys run around open carrying AR's to exercise their rights. Personally, I find this shit annoying and just antagonistic. I understand there are times to exercise your right, but this just isn't one of those times you need to make a point.

I like this one though because the cop says his is cooler, and said he'd let them see it if the guy cooperated with him. He shows his AR around 11 minutes. It is cooler. lol

But yeah, whats the general opinion on this behavior?

Well you have the right to do things, but you also have the right to accept any consequences of that action. Honestly, if I was toting around an AR15, I'd walk around with my ID in my damn hand at this point. Like he said, he doesn't know who has a legal firearm and who doesn't. I don't care about the sheeple complaining, so much as I feel bad for the good cops that have to deal with this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lGbrCLokcI

Summary is just that these guys run around open carrying AR's to exercise their rights. Personally, I find this shit annoying and just antagonistic. I understand there are times to exercise your right, but this just isn't one of those times you need to make a point.

I like this one though because the cop says his is cooler, and said he'd let them see it if the guy cooperated with him. He shows his AR around 11 minutes. It is cooler. lol

But yeah, whats the general opinion on this behavior?

Usually the guys who go around carrying a camera and open carrying a rifle, especially an AR, are looking for harrasment so they can post about it on youtube. Yes, they're dbags. Fortunately, half the time the cops have acted appropriately (Especially recently) and havn't given the dbags a hard time. However, in these cases it's almost never illegal and considering how in some other countries it's pretty normal to open carry an AR when you go grocery shopping I can see why they're trying to push the issue so much. Nobody knows it's legal. You open carry one of these, you can expect the public to call the police and say rediculous things like "SOMBODY WITH A MASHEEN GUN IS GOING TO SHOOT EVERYONE" and promptly have the police come and put some lead in you in a worst-case scenario. Or get arrested for disturbing the peace or lose your guns or some kind of crap like that. So it's not the brightest move by any means.

Their videos, as annoying as they are, let people know that it's okay to carry rifles like these and there isn't going to be a massacre. Instead, these people would have a better chance defending their life in any situation (ESPECIALLY one where there might be a mass shooting). It lets people know that stuff like this is not only legal, that some gun owners desire to carry these firearms. Not the best way to do it, but at least they're doing it.

Dupe.

I remember an older thread on this video. Yeah I don't know OP. Flexing your constitutional rights isn't really annoying. Some are okay with it, some aren't.

I'm sorry, but those guys were jerks. They exercised their rights, and the cop acknowledged that they could and that he was cool with it. Everything after that was just being atagonistic on their part. They were as bad as the media we complain about. Why would they expect that its not part of his job to determine who they are and what they're up to. In my lay opinion, that's what I thought we expect of our police. He obviously wasn't concerned after a while that he would turn his back on them and reach in his car. So what were they trying to prove at that point?

I don't think their goal is wrong, but I don't think these guys are mature enough or represent others the way we'd like. He immediately acknowledged their rights and made it clear he was just requesting the information he was asking about, and why he wanted to know. If they were trying to make their rights known, they did that within 2 or 3 minutes. If they really wanted to educate everyone else about their rights and legality, they could have just as easily handed out pamphlets to people in the area. You don't impress a chick at a club by walking up to her with your balls out. You gotta talk to her first, introduce yourself.

I'm all for getting the message out there but it seems like an inefficient and less effective way to do it.

I didn't watch the video, but noticed an overall trend at NES: no sooner someone in the US openly carries an AR15 than someone here at NES starts whining that this antagonizes the public, racks the nerves, projects the wrong image, and other pussy talk.
Here's my take: the more people openly carry AR15 the more desensitized the populace will be, the less drama will surround the black killy assault rifles, the more open and accepting the public will be to our owning them.
Ultimately, it should be taken to the point it is in Israel: no one gives a shit if you're carrying a full auto suppressed M16:
Israeli-Woman-M16_Facebook-599x620.jpg

I'm sorry, but those guys were jerks. They exercised their rights, and the cop acknowledged that they could and that he was cool with it. Everything after that was just being atagonistic on their part. They were as bad as the media we complain about. Why would they expect that its not part of his job to determine who they are and what they're up to. In my lay opinion, that's what I thought we expect of our police. He obviously wasn't concerned after a while that he would turn his back on them and reach in his car. So what were they trying to prove at that point?

So they were doing something completely legal yet still were harassed by the police. It may have been polite but it was still harassment.

I didn't watch the video, but noticed an overall trend at NES: no sooner someone in the US openly carries an AR15 than someone here at NES starts whining that this antagonizes the public, racks the nerves, projects the wrong image, and other pussy talk.
Here's my take: the more people openly carry AR15 the more desensitized the populace will be, the less drama will surround the black killy assault rifles, the more open and accepting the public will be to our owning them.
Ultimately, it should be taken to the point it is in Israel: no one gives a shit if you're carrying a full auto suppressed M16:
View attachment 52971

Yeah because its a perpetual warzone. I wish my country was like that too...[rolleyes]

Anyways, I don't see it as harassment. Had they just complied or walked away, it would have been 30 seconds of footage. You want the police to stop harassing you? Show some common respect for someone doing their job. I hate being harassed unnecessarily by the police too. Used to be constant when I was a teenager for some reason. I only wish they were as decent as this guy was. I'm not against open carry, and I think people are too quick to cause panic and call the police for things. I just don't like how they chose to stay there and disrespect the guy for 15 minutes.

Was it legal? Yes. Did the cop know that? Yes. Did the cop still come over? Yes. Harassed.

The more people do this, the better. If this becomes common sight, there will be less sheep going insane.

Maybe keep the magazine out of the rifle to make it clearer that the intention is not to shoot up the place. Cop was all right too, i see why he has to check up on them.

Back
Top Bottom