• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vermont Deputy shot 10 times by police after being attacked by armed men

"Off duty Vermont cop" gets into argument at 3 am which escalates. At 3 am, outside your jurisdiction, you are just a dude and talking shit/starting shit has consequences. Then you have Keystone's finest, not knowing what the eff is going on, plugging the first person they see. Mega-fail all around.

"Off duty Vermont cop" gets into argument at 3 am which escalates. At 3 am, outside your jurisdiction, you are just a dude and talking shit/starting shit has consequences. Then you have Keystone's finest, not knowing what the eff is going on, plugging the first person they see. Mega-fail all around.

View: https://youtu.be/ZnHmskwqCCQ

'drop the gun! show me your hands!' How many microseconds later do cops usually give you before they mag dump you?
200w.gif

Simple recipe for avoiding what happened

Drop the friggen gun sort it out after
I was taught....

1. Nothing good happens out in the world after 10 PM.
2. It's a good idea to stay far away from places that are inhabited by potentially intoxicated people (especially young males) when you are armed.
3. Don't drink or use drugs when armed. Period.
4. Don't get into arguments while armed.
5. Be the grey man. Don't do anything that calls attention to yourself when out in public.
6. If you screw any of these up, make every effort to de-escalate, and depart from the scene without violence.
7. Understand that auditory exclusion, and tunnel vision might make the cop screaming "drop the gun" not obvious to you. Unless you're extremely careful, you might get lit up by one of them.

The off duty cop violated every single one of these, and he's doing a great impression of swiss cheese as a result.

"Three people had allegedly slammed the deputy into a parked vehicle before then pushing him to the ground. The deputy then pulled out a gun and exchanged gunfire with a member of the group who also had a firearm.
Officers nearby heard the gunshots and rushed to the scene, where they spotted the deputy holding a leveled handgun."

so, i read it as a NY police was drinking at 3am with VT police and then got into an argument. epic, if true. as dunno who else will be carrying a gun in the upstate ny.
see police 'nearby' at 3am much?

"Officers nearby heard the gunshots and rushed to the scene, where they spotted the deputy holding a leveled handgun."

The only way this story makes sense is if the deputy had the gun leveled on his assailant who the news story says also had a gun.
So he must of been like, "I'm not dropping my gun because this guy has a gun on me"
Still, agree with all above.
3am on the streets of New York: If you want nothing bad to happen to you, don't put yourself in these situations.

"Officers nearby heard the gunshots and rushed to the scene, where they spotted the deputy holding a leveled handgun."

The only way this story makes sense is if the deputy had the gun leveled on his assailant who the news story says also had a gun.
So he must of been like, "I'm not dropping my gun because this guy has a gun on me"
Still, agree with all above.
3am on the streets of New York: If you want nothing bad to happen to you, don't put yourself in these situations.
Just to be clear, this was the mean streets of Saratoga Springs, not NYC. Still nothing good happens at 3 AM, even in a small town like Saratoga Springs.

Just to be clear, this was the mean streets of Saratoga Springs, not NYC. Still nothing good happens at 3 AM, even in a small town like Saratoga Springs.

Sorry the link had an NYC story, or something I think, I guess I ass-u-me-d. [dance]

Back
Top Bottom