• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Venezuela

FrugalFannie

NES Member
The linked article says they made prepping illegal and "detained food hoarders". Wow.

We have a decent sized garden 30' x 30' but I need to put aside some good seeds. The bigger concern is if people are that hungry we'd need to set-up a 24/7 armed watch over the garden.

Here you go. Right out of Atlas Shrugged

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/venezuela-economy-political-crisis-1.3583120

On Saturday, he threatened to take over idle factories and jail their owners following a decree granting him expanded powers to act in the face of a deepening economic crisis.

Maduro said factory owners were going to "sabotage" the country by shutting down and he ordered "all actions to recover the production apparatus, which is being paralyzed by the bourgeoisie."

Venezuela. Largest, supposedly, oil reserves in the WORLD. Thank Mr. Chavez for ****ing up the country. And people wonder why I buy 20 cans of Dinty Moore at a time.

So we all know what a shit show Venezuela is right now, right?

Thought I would start a thread.
And a good thing you did. We are seeing a real-world example of what can happen to a developed country. They are having a genuine mid-level SHTF situation: food, water and power shortages. Astronomical %500 inflation (paper money is becoming worthless). The .gov has basically declared martial law.

Anyone that considers themselves a prepper should be watching what happens in Venezuela very carefully. What's happening there is a prime example of what we should be prepping for. And we need to watch what the [STRIKE= ]subjects[/STRIKE] people do and learn what works and what doesn't.

I've learned the hard way, a small patch of cotton T-shirt is very effective in place of TP.

Ruins the shirt I guess, but better than the alternative.

I've learned the hard way, a small patch of cotton T-shirt is very effective in place of TP.

Ruins the shirt I guess, but better than the alternative.

I guess none of you guys used cloth diapers with your kids?

- - - Updated - - -

After having 2 kids I've learned soap and water can un-ruin many things. You get numb and nose-blind after a while.

Oops, I take it back, lol.

After having 2 kids I've learned soap and water can un-ruin many things. You get numb and nose-blind after a while.

I guess none of you guys used cloth diapers with your kids?

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I take it back, lol.
Hell, I was talking about MY shirt. Diaper lower leg blowout while he was riding around on my shoulders. Driving home he only had a diaper on and I had no shirt on. It was a good mess. [laugh]

image is nothing, hunger is everything

ClEDnazWMAA55wT.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom