• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Varminter build

Finished my Varminter build.

Magpul PRS (Precision Rifle Stock)
Yankee hill rear iron
Yankee hill front iron
A.R.M.S. #22 M68 with cantilever mount
Aimpoint ML3 2 moa

What do you think?

varmitC.jpg

varmitA.jpg

C.jpg

It's like carrying a F***in Volkswagon around.....lol, just kidding. [smile]
It's not that heavy at all. The Varminter is very well balanced and points on target great.

-Op

Last edited:
That does look nice - who makes that barrel & free float tube? They look like what I need for an upper I'm still planning.

It could use a good scope to swap out for the Aimpoint when you're shooting at ranges where even a 2moa dot obscures the whole target.

Nice build!

It could use a good scope to swap out for the Aimpoint when you're shooting at ranges where even a 2moa dot obscures the whole target.

I was thinking along the same lines. Aimpoints and BUIS are not generally what you'd expect to find on a varminter.

Nice looking rifle though.

The Barrel is a Stock Bushmaster Varminter 24" heavy to fluted barrel.
The balance is awesome on this piece. You have to try it to believe it.
You can buy the upper from Bushmaster directly.
It came with the aftermarket trigger group that is very nice.
I know, I know, an Aimpoint and BUIS's on a Varminter...[rolleyes]
This build is kind of my in between an M4 and get the accuracy of the 24" barrel. I wanted to have BUIS's in case my red dot or scope failed in the field.
I have owned several shorty bushy M4's (14 1/2's, 20"), Colts, and an Armalite and this Bushy is the most accurate by far. I loved the Colt 20" HBAR but it had to go.
My next bank breaker...err I mean project is going to be a nice scope prefferably with illuminated recticle and definitly ARMS quick release rings.
The Aimpoint works really well on this piece and when I eventually go GREEN you guys can try it out at the shoots.

_op

I built a very similar one a while back. I used a Jewell trigger in this one, they are very impressive.

watermark.php

Hi 762, the Magpul stock works great. I really like the ability to adjust cheek weld and the legnth of pull.
The Rifle has a very solid feel now compared to the A2 stock that it came with.
The Magpul stock was simple to install, just take off the old A2 stock and slide the new one on, tighten the screw and your done. If you have a collapsable stock you have to buy the full size buffer tube and spring.
I bought mine off of EPRAY for $209.00 shipped.
It was the cheapest I could find on the net at the time.
Buy one....you wont be disappointed.

-Op

Hi 762, the Magpul stock works great. I really like the ability to adjust cheek weld and the legnth of pull.
The Rifle has a very solid feel now compared to the A2 stock that it came with.
The Magpul stock was simple to install, just take off the old A2 stock and slide the new one on, tighten the screw and your done. If you have a collapsable stock you have to buy the full size buffer tube and spring.
I bought mine off of EPRAY for $209.00 shipped.
It was the cheapest I could find on the net at the time.
Buy one....you wont be disappointed.

-Op

I second the PRS stock. Have one on my RRA Varminter, and the adjustments help a ton. Your price was pretty good, but I was able to get mine a little cheaper with my C&R at MidWay.

Both nice guns!

That's my objective, to get a good cheek weld. The LOP isn't too bad, I could live with that. But, this scope has a 50mm lens, so the rings needed to be fairly tall to get enough clearance, too tall for the A2 stock.

Back
Top Bottom