USPSA @ New Bedford Sunday 7/26

Geez,
your right Matt,
I did edit it, I must be getting soft in my old age.
Now will you shut the F#@& up!

If you want to find out how to get more rounds out of your club,
Please check with Monson MA or Dutchess CO. NY
Both clubs run six stages in 3 pits.

There is still room for you at the IDPA regionals,
I'm SURE the Metrowest guys can get you classified in time.......

PS
You are you going to start paying out cash at Manville?
I thought you had an opinion on that subject?
PSS,
Where do you get that primer paste?
I'm starting to re-use my brass..........

Your still my HERO

Last edited:
Hey guys,

The match is at NB this Sunday, correct? For some reason the link to the Area 7 page goes to one of the club sites and I can't get over to the schedule page.

Anyway... I want to shoot the match but I need to be back in Gloucester for a suprise B-Day party at 4:00. To those who are setting the match up this month- what time do you think we may be out of there?

Scott? Dave? Rob? Anybody?

Thanks!

Sorry you asked yet?

Hey Gary,

Thanks for letting me shoot the revolver today....that was definitely a strange feeling shooting a stage with one of those funny round things in the middle of the gun. When I go out and get one, and my wife starts yelling at me, I am giving her your phone number and blaming everything on you....just a heads up.

Seriously, I would love to take you up on your offer and shoot a few matches with your gear after the Nationals if you don't mind. I would be more than happy to let you use my open gun if you would like to play in the dark side for a bit.....we have cookies :)

The just south of New Hampshire contingent will be absent tomorrow. We'll be recovering from a family gathering. Everyone have fun, and play nice.

Furthermore, I wouldn't have even bothered to raise the issue a second time if someone didn't roll their eyes about the delay being mentioned. And I'm left thinking, honestly, why are grown men, using smiley faces everywhere? What the hell is that?

That would be me. It must have be your antagonistic comment:
"hell yeah you'll be out of there in time, this isn't an idpa match where you'll leave at 5 and still not have shot 2 stages"

Real helpful and endearing comments.

Some people prefer to remain anonymous about it and not bring it up, because they get shunned because they complained about it. I'm not worried about that.

I am not aware of anyone that got shunned by giving honest feedback to MWT IDPA. Trashing an entire sport is not feedback. I am not MWT, just one member, but I can tell you and everyone else that we welcome feedback and always strive to get better. I've also completed the USPSA RO class to help expand my knowledge.... as well as help in USPSA.

Here are some tips that we've implemented to run our matches efficiently, this may help you guys.
1- be sure you have balanced numbers of competitors on squads.
2- discuss what is being set up well in advance of the match, Saturday is too late. Discuss it during the week, include everyone involved in set up and running it, and come up with a plan so the stages and starts are balanced.
3- Keep in mind it's typical that it will take 5 minutes per shooter from start to finish and resetting the stage, plan accordingly.
4- multiple starts often lead to problems without preplanning, resetting movers also requires more time.
5- you break when you're done. This isn't cowboy action, everyone isn't stopping for lunch.
6- make sure your squad is doing their part in taping/brassing/resetting.

Thanks for the good advice, sincerely. Maville has run some fine matches in the past so I've seen how things work. We did good on some of the above (6) and not so good on some (1,2 and particularly 4). I think at this last match we didn't set expectations well either. It was like running two matches back to back and I'm sure some didn't know how long to plan.

I've never heard of anyone complaining about lunch though. HSC USPSA does it as well and I do think it can be managed.

And I'm left thinking, honestly, why are grown men, using smiley faces everywhere? What the hell is that?

I not sure how that started,
I am guilty of using them.
I think it really lets me show my warm, friendly & humorous side...............

Kind of like wearing a picture of a pig on your shirt[smile]
or like when someone used to have a sticker of what's her name on his holster......
Opps I did it again[shocked]

Not necessarily what grown men need to do.

I talked my co-worker into throwing a dumpling making party. She makes amazing dumplings and is tired of sharing her lunch with us at work.

PS. I was thinking of making bacon-dumplings.

Oh my... and I thought Mike just had good humor! I've never had a dumpling.

It's too bad we just all can't get along...

This is the reason it's so hard to attract new members to these sports and to retain people for long periods of time. The bickering between USPSA and IDPA is a frigen joke. I'm guilty of it myself but it's mostly out of tooling on Lugnut.

Nice job enagaging that first target while coming into the 2nd array. Step, bang. now where are my sights?

I did that on purpose, but wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. I said to Neil before I started, I'm just going to pop a shot from the first box...it's not an AD. I thought that flowed well for me.

Hey Gary,

Thanks for letting me shoot the revolver today....that was definitely a strange feeling shooting a stage with one of those funny round things in the middle of the gun. When I go out and get one, and my wife starts yelling at me, I am giving her your phone number and blaming everything on you....just a heads up.

Seriously, I would love to take you up on your offer and shoot a few matches with your gear after the Nationals if you don't mind. I would be more than happy to let you use my open gun if you would like to play in the dark side for a bit.....we have cookies :)

Let me know when ready I will hook you up. As for your Blaster, that would be a Negative. I might like it[shocked]

Thought I'd sign up with Youtube too.
Here's my vids:
Two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccKrrH66NJI

Nice Paul, That one is going to get you the bump

Congrats on the win Rob, you might have won, but you only got to shoot 1 gun. I got to shoot 3 different guns today

A big Thanks to Whitey for letting me shoot your gun today and thanks to Roundgun for giving me ammo

Last edited:
Thought I'd sign up with Youtube too.
Here's my vids:

One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BC1qTYg52U

Rob - Congrats on the win!
Great match today...
Paul,
On stage 1 didn't you guys have to push the Popper over a the start of the match?

On stage 5 didn't you guys have to shoot at least one round from both box B and box B1?

Respectfully,
jkelly

Last edited:
Paul,
On stage 1 didn't you guys have to push the Popper over a the start of the match?

On stage 5 didn't you guys have to shoot at least one round from both box B and box B1?

Respectfully,
jkelly

As Matt pointed out, it was not written in the stage diagram that it HAD to fall.

Paul,

Respectfully,
jkelly

During the walk through we were told we did not have to push the popper over.
Were other squads told to push it over? If so I don't think that it would have added any time.

yes on stage 5 - I had a brain fart and got a proceedural - for some reason my mind told me to do an un needed mag change - ugh - that was a bad stage for me.

Back
Top Bottom