USPSA at Hopkinton Saturday June 3rd

you will miss... not directed at you Peter, but to all
this will be a challenging match, I'll be surprised is anyone shoots clean without any penalties.

Great! I had two misses and two no shoot hits at Pelham....Sounds like I'll have some tomorrow. Though I just got a new Dawson 0.100" front sight installed (replaced my factory 0.120" sight with 0.060" fiber optic) today. Hoping that will help with the longer shots....

Schedule is cleared and will be there for this one since I am a new member at the club and it is close by. Was able to scrounge up 2 double mag pouches and a cheap Fobus paddle holster. Will be my first time with USPSA, always shot pin and plate matches in the past with 1911s. Probably going to shoot my P226 tomorrow and being my first match does it really matter if I shoot Production with a DA/SA P226 or Limited 10 with a SAO? Plan on eventually shooting a P320 in Production and an RX for an optic but don't have them ready for tomorrow. Looking forward to learning the game and seeing the gear you folks are using to order a good belt/holster/mag rig.

Well, I'm home. I'm sore. I'm tired. But I have a smile on my face. Once again I had the greatest squad to shoot with. Thanks everyone who pitched in, especially the NON HSA members who stepped up to help run a squad. We really appreciate it.

Now Peter, it has been a couple of hours and I don't see an e-mail telling me that results have been posted. You're slipping my man. [laugh] I remember when match results arrived in the mailbox (yes, snail-mail) three or four weeks after you shot the match. [hmmm]

I appreciate all of you that purchased raffle tickets to help support GOAL. If you didn't and would like a chance to win a sweet .308 rifle, ammo to shoot through it, and a nice grill to cook up whatever you might shoot, see here. http://goal.org/springflingraffle.html

Hope to see y'all next month.

Thanks to everyone of HSA for putting this match on. It was my first time at HSA and I can say without a doubt it was the most fun match (in both USPSA and IDPA) I've ever attended. Had some malfunctions and misses but it was a friggen blast. Plenty of challenging stages.

I will be back for sure!

Also thanking Rob L for lending a hand with my 1911 extractor. 0 malfunctions after tuning the extractor.

It's quick to post to Practiscore but I need a computer to post to USPSA so I shoot the scores to practiscore before leaving the range then do the official score upload when I get home.

Great match today, thanks to all who came out and shot with us and especially those that helped run things. Without the people that sacrifice some of their mental cycles to run a scoring device or RO these matches wouldn't happen at any club!

I was there today just watching. I wish I lived closer to this club. I spoke to a few guys they where cool. I spoke to Tim from G&N Gunsmithing he gave me some info on USPSA. I wanted to shoot so badly. I hate standing still and shooting at a paper target. While I watched these guys and girls shoot I realized I'm missing some serious fun.

I was there today just watching. I wish I lived closer to this club. I spoke to a few guys they where cool. I spoke to Tim from G&N Gunsmithing he gave me some info on USPSA. I wanted to shoot so badly. I hate standing still and shooting at a paper target. While I watched these guys and girls shoot I realized I'm missing some serious fun.

Ehhhh, why were you just watching instead of shooting? Is it an out of state thing? (I've been contacted by a few people about shooting a match while here on vacation etc. not sure if you're one of them). Depending on where you are there may be a USPSA affiliated club near you. USPSA has a club finder on there website (LINK) that will help you out

Just wanted to thank Sean for the outstanding stage designs - challenging and thought provoking. If you've never been to a section, Area, or National level match, these are what the stages look like. They take a lot of thought and time to set up. Outstanding job Sean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to thank Sean for the outstanding stage designs - challenging and thought provoking. If you've never been to a section, Area, or National level match, these are what the stages look like. They take a lot of thought and time to set up. Outstanding job Sean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this. SJan is the stage design mad scientist...

For those that didn't come out here's a look at the afore mentioned awesome stages that you missed out on. I almost fell on my face creeping on Stage 1...and it looks like I shot the whole match with a wedgie [laugh]

[video=youtube_share;Q5LQbz4uYnU]http://youtu.be/Q5LQbz4uYnU[/video]

Turnout was so high that the router ran out of DHCP leases. We will have a bigger pool for the next match.

here is another view of the match. excuse my language...

Nice shootin as usual [thumbsup]

Can't believe the timing of that malfunction on stage 1 [laugh]. That was a really fun stage.
I had a decent time on that stage but my hits sucked - 2 A's 4 C's and 1 D...

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Wing It to be the most fun! Thanks Sean and everyone else who had a hand in running such a great event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't gonna do it but oh well. [video]https://youtu.be/27i7EAAMbyo[/video]

I tried putting the video in post. Oh well.

Last edited:
I found Wing It to be the most fun! Thanks Sean and everyone else who had a hand in running such a great event.

Wow, glad to hear it. The reason for the name was I literally threw some walls and targets on the range and we moved them around until it looked like a stage. [laugh]

scores:

https://practiscore.com/results/new/37197

Mike: Peter had the scores done and posted to practiscore before he left the range

Ya, I figured. [smile] Great job men.

I wasn't gonna do it but oh well. [video]https://youtu.be/27i7EAAMbyo[/video]

I tried putting the video in post. Oh well.

Wow that's some blazin fast shooting as well. I liked how you shot down that shrub/plant on the classifier [laugh] @ 0:36...

And those plate racks - god damn man, I don't even think you missed one shot. Surprised you're in B class.

I like how you shot Stage 1, that was definitely the best way to go. Assuming you can shoot/transition fast like that. I don't even think I can turn my body that fast without holding/aiming a gun [laugh]

I shot the popper first then went left to right where I found myself wasting time waiting for the swinger to be exposed...

Last edited:
I had an awesome time for my first USPSA shoot. I had done a lot of pin and plate matches in the past shooting a 1911 but never had to move. Brought my P226 out since I had a holster and mag carriers that worked and had a blast. So much more fun and challenging. I didn't pay too close attention to my score and just enjoyed watching the experienced guys shoot so I could learn what it is all about. Had the pleasure to shoot on Sean's squad and all the guys were great at taking their time with me and offering pointers. Definitely going to be back out again in the future, I'm hooked!

I used the Max Michel ShotCoach app to figure out that I wasted .6 seconds waiting for the swinger; seemed like an eternity. A guy on my squad went swinger, pop-up, statics....the way it all timed out I think doing the two movers first was the way to go. Oh well, at least I got my hits!

Back
Top Bottom