• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA at Harvard sportsmans club June 10th

SJan

NES Member
I figured I would start a thread as there is always one for all of the good jobs and thank-you's and excuses...

I'm getting my excuse out in the open right now. It's a good friends birthday, and I'll be out late tonight having a few drinks. [cheers]

On another note, the weather looks great, see you in Harvard!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Just got back from being away on business all week, didn't get a chance to practice, so that's my excuse [smile]

Does anybody know what the typical round count is for the USPSA matches at Harvard?

I bring 200 and ususally head home with 50 left. Harvard has the luxury of some nice large pits so there's at least two field courses that push the round limit so its one of the higher round count local matches.

see ya'll tomorrow! (I'll be the one yelling swears after "unload and show clear")

I figured I would start a thread as there is always one for all of the good jobs and thank-you's and excuses...

I'm getting my excuse out in the open right now. It's a good friends birthday, and I'll be out late tonight having a few drinks. [cheers]

On another note, the weather looks great, see you in Harvard!

I think I'm shooting Production tomorrow so I won't be nipping at your heels, you can take it down a notch or two. [wink]

Does anybody know what the typical round count is for the USPSA matches at Harvard?

I always bring extra, but 200 is a safe bet. You can shoot with a bunch of us on the IDPA converts squad. Are you shooting a semi, or you planning on practicing your revolver reloads?

Talk about excuses -- I'm gonna' miss the match because the wife and I will be going to the Arthur Murray Studios Medal Ball at the Burlington Marriott today. We're graduating up to the Silver Level of ballroom dancing. OK, ok -- I'm ready for the grief. But now y'all know why I'm so smooth on my feet -- not fast, just smooth (yeah, right!). [wink]

Have a safe and fun day ladies and gentlemen.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Talk about excuses -- I'm gonna' miss the match because the wife and I will be going to the Arthur Murray Studios Medal Ball at the Burlington Marriott today. We're graduating up to the Silver Level of ballroom dancing. OK, ok -- I'm ready for the grief. But now y'all know why I'm so smooth on my feet -- not fast, just smooth (yeah, right!). [wink]

Bet there's no city of Tap Ing in ball room dancing!

Have fun. Post some videos. Now THAT would be fun to see!

Have a safe and fun day ladies and gentlemen.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Frank, you and your wife rock!! You need to post some video!!

Fun match and ran very smoothly. Most of the stages made me do something I don't do often. Aim and use my front sight. LOL. But seriously? 50 yard targets standing, kneeling and prone?????? Even aiming and my front sight couldn't help me with that because I couldn't even see the targets!!!!! But, it was fun!

it was great, except that my points for stage 2 never got posted.... all 0's ?

Whats up with that ?

An excellent match as always, thanks to the Harvard Practical Shooters for another fun day and congrats to the man with two first names on the win!

Still kicking myself for the buzzer induced mental flatulence that made me forget the target behind the subway sign and have to go back for it and for the two misses on the standards stage. Good job introducing the Bianchi type stuff, never did that style of shooting at a USPSA match, it was fun!

Very challenging match- 50 yard stage, lots of steel, etc. Damn that was like work! Thanks to the staff and to Al... he worked his ass off even with John and my help.

Very challenging match- 50 yard stage, lots of steel, etc. Damn that was like work! Thanks to the staff and to Al... he worked his ass off even with John and my help.

Thats the one thats not recorded for me... i know i hit 5 shots on each ... and my RO (The one standing behind me) confirmed that... No one mentioned a DQ or anything.... so i'm confused as to why they didn't get entered.

Roscoe said:
Thats the one thats not recorded for me... i know i hit 5 shots on each ... and my RO (The one standing behind me) confirmed that... No one mentioned a DQ or anything.... so i'm confused as to why they didn't get entered.

Possibly the RO forgot to hit "done" on the palm.

it was great, except that my points for stage 2 never got posted.... all 0's ?

Whats up with that ?

AAARGH!!! Gary Barna reminded EVERYONE at the shooters meeting to remember to hit DONE on the Palm to save the scores.

This is one of the reasons we use paper backup at the big matches.

Well, Marc and I both got our fist DQ's Yesterday... Unfortunately! It was Marc having to DQ me [rofl] (I still have not heard him actually say the word DQ)

It was a very expensive DQ - Now he understands why most of you do not shoot with your Wives..... [smile]

Well, Marc and I both got our fist DQ's Yesterday... Unfortunately! It was Marc having to DQ me [rofl] (I still have not heard him actually say the word DQ)

It was a very expensive DQ - Now he understands why most of you do not shoot with your Wives..... [smile]

So did Marc sleep on the couch or in the back yard? Poor guy....

Another great match all around. I did horrible on the long shots stand, kneel, prone. I never did practice those 50 yard shots laying down who would have known.. hahah No excuses just smiles.

Let Gary know you were placed in Open in error at [email protected]. Unless there was a reason you were placed in Open, which I doubt would have happened without your being aware of the change, he'll make the correction.

I exchanged email with Gary and he's going to fix it up. No need for me to hyperventilate, as usual. [laugh]

ETA: And it's all fixed. Thanks, Gary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom