Uses for brass you won't reload/use...

Golddiggie

NES Member
This is the first version, revisions will be made to tweak it as needed.

Windchime1_fullshot.jpg Windchime1_noisemakers.jpg

This is using donated brass, currently. I will be using some that I found when moving the contents of the safe. Those are pistol calibers though, so I'll either need to use a lot more, or do something else in the design aspect. I'm trying to locate some larger cases to use too. I have another one mostly assembled that includes and old metal shotgun case. It doesn't sound nearly as nice as the other cases though.

Hard to say since I've not opened a window yet. With how I did test, it sounded pretty good. Def. need some more, larger, brass in there though. Thing is, I don't want to try to go to ranges/clubs (that I'm not a member of) and be a 'brass rat' for this. Which is why I was asking for brass donations. I've gotten some so far, but would appreciate more (already have someone sending some more, but don't know what it will be).

Yeah, there's one 50 in that bunch (was cut for another use)... I have a few more on hand, and would like to get some more. Only issue I see with the larger cases is the weight makes them less prone to move in a lighter breeze. A good blow will do it, but...

Yeah, there's one 50 in that bunch (was cut for another use)... I have a few more on hand, and would like to get some more. Only issue I see with the larger cases is the weight makes them less prone to move in a lighter breeze. A good blow will do it, but...

ugh i feel gay for knowing this but your wind chime needs a sail you have a string going down the middle of the group of casing about 6-12 inches lower than the lowest casing, (distance dependant on scale) usualy a round slightly curved piece of metal . this catches the wind (sail) and swings the wind chime causing it to chime

windchime.jpg

the wood part on the bottom is the sail this one has a ringer attached to it that will contact the chimes when the sail swings

since the casings arn't very long I wouldn't use wood you won't get much resination use something metal

Last edited:
I'm not gay my wife is pregnant i have proof its mine

How do you know, for certain, the kid is yours before it's born? [thinking]

I have some brass I could cut into a shape for the sail. I'll probably work on it some either later on tonight or tomorrow.

Business said:
it would be really exspensive but a wind chime out of ar barrels would be pretty badass

I'd probably need to get much stronger line for those. Plus, they wouldn't move that much. Not to mention the tone would be kind of meh... Not enough vibration in the barrel, IMO. Besides, I could think of MUCH better uses for the barrels. [smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom