"Urban" hunting

Does anyone live in a MA town where "urban" hunting is allowed? I have heard of some places that allow hunting closer to residences, upon approval, for the express purpose of thinning out trouble deer herds.

There is a herd of deer that wanders around my neighborhood with total immunity, eating all of the landscaping, and just standing around without a care in the world. [angry]

I'd like to start exploring the process by which I might suggest that our town explore this "urban hunting" idea but am not sure where to start. Does anyone have any experience with the ins and out of it?

I am not a hunter, but I am pro-hunting (especially of these damn deer)!

It is state law that you must be 500 feet from any occupied dwelling to fire a firearm (including a bow now too) unless you have permission from the owner of the dwelling. No towns can override that law.

If you can get permission from the neighbors to allow a couple people bow hunt from treestands it can be both very safe (all shots angled down to the ground) and effective. Let me know if you need some help next year. I can put a few responsible bowhunters together to assist your problem if you wish.

I hunt a ton of small pieces in "the burbs" that are closer than 500' to dwellings....Just get permission. Trust me if there is a deer problem and people want them gone they will let you hang a tree stand on the side of their house

I hunt a ton of small pieces in "the burbs" that are closer than 500' to dwellings....Just get permission. Trust me if there is a deer problem and people want them gone they will let you hang a tree stand on the side of their house

I would need to get permission from 10 houses. Not gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom