Updated AWB back in play

Bump stocks were used in one horrible incident. So let's ban them.

Using the same criteria, sounds like we ought to ban Home Depot rental trucks too! And all immigrants...

WHAT!?

No pic of Feinsten with an AK... muzzle sweeping everyone in the room while her booger hook is on the trigger this time??

Shocked! Another missed opportunity. Dumb-ass...

Text of legislation (no mention of bump stocks though)...

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...D1B1D722D5C4AEDAEBB6276AB36.awb-bill-text.pdf

The true intent of this bill...

With Republicans Reeling, Senate Democrats Introduce Assault Weapons Ban

This bill is not expected to pass this year, but it is designed to remind voters that they have a choice in 2018, and if they want to do something about mass shootings, the first step is to vote for Democrats.

http://www.politicususa.com/tag/democrats-introduce-assault-weapons-ban

From the bill itself:
To Regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to
keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

I guess they missed that "shall not be infringed".

Everyone across this great land needs to take notice of what happened here in MA on 7/20/16.

We should NEVER accept another AWB in this land again. Knowing now what their game plan is and how those in the Exec branch can simply "re-interpret" and "re-define" what an "Assault Weapon" is on a whim!

"Assault Weapon" is a made up, fabricated term that clearly can be re-defined at moment by any tyrant.

This will never pass. I think the AR-15 (and AK, and other modern rifles) have much more support than they did in 1994. Gun ownership is on the rise.

The Texas heros dealt a blow to gun control in the minds of the average american.

This will never pass. I think the AR-15 (and AK, and other modern rifles) have much more support than they did in 1994. Gun ownership is on the rise.

The Texas heros dealt a blow to gun control in the minds of the average american.

I hope that the left pushes this. Even better, I hope that RINOs up for re-election push it as well!

The 2018 campaign starts in about 2 months

- - - Updated - - -

Fortunately it's DOA for now....but who knows when Warren is President in 2020...

Wow. THAT is a HORRIFYING thought!

What we really need is for at least two USSC justices to die/retire, preferably in the next year. I thought RBG was attached to a formaldehyde drip from all the reports I heard about her failing health. I thought Justice Kennedy was about to retire.

Everyone across this great land needs to take notice of what happened here in MA on 7/20/16.

We should NEVER accept another AWB in this land again. Knowing now what their game plan is and how those in the Exec branch can simply "re-interpret" and "re-define" what an "Assault Weapon" is on a whim!

"Assault Weapon" is a made up, fabricated term that clearly can be re-defined at moment by any tyrant.

Feinstein's bill defines the receiver of any assault weapon as an assault weapon.

That's kind of interesting, actually. An AR receiver is defined as an assault weapon in her 2017 bill, but wasn't in the 1994 one. Why is that? Oh, right, because the 1994 version doesn't cover receivers, and this proves it. If the '94 one covered receivers, they wouldn't need the change, right?

1 ‘‘(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

So no more glock 17, because there's a glock 18? I'd say i think that's an unintended consequence but I think the idea is to ban as much as possible.

so.. basically all semi-auto rifles. They've reduced the acceptable evil feature count to 1, and included things like Beretta Storm.

Interesting that the SKS still doesn't seem to listed. (or I missed it)

The SKS with detachable mag is banned, "SKS type rifles with fixed 10 round magazine and standard fixed stock" is exempt.

What I didn't see exempted or banned is the M-1 Carbine.

Fortunately it's DOA for now....but who knows when Warren is President in 2020...

They're not that stupid (although I wouldn't entirely rule out VP).

Feinstein's bill defines the receiver of any assault weapon as an assault weapon.

That's kind of interesting, actually. An AR receiver is defined as an assault weapon in her 2017 bill, but wasn't in the 1994 one. Why is that? Oh, right, because the 1994 version doesn't cover receivers, and this proves it. If the '94 one covered receivers, they wouldn't need the change, right?

Its defined until some new tyrant redefines it.

"11 ‘‘(46) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb-12 hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function
13 as a grip. "

So basically any gun.

Well said. There is no doubt that liberal dems want to take away all guns. It's become that simple. I'll say it again: they want to take our guns. Knowing what their ultimate goal is should cause Americans to think about any type of compliance.

so.. basically all semi-auto rifles. They've reduced the acceptable evil feature count to 1, and included things like Beretta Storm.

Interesting that the SKS still doesn't seem to listed. (or I missed it)

sks was thrown in under “AR rifles”

I love how Feinstein says "...debate and vote" goes right along with her idea of "compromise".

AKA . "Mr., Ms. American turn them all in"

Thankfully shes not long for this world

feinstein said:
“It’s important to understand how we got where we are today. In 1966, the unthinkable happened: a madman climbed the University of Texas clock tower and opened fire, killing more than a dozen people."

yet, none of the guns used in the University of Texas shooting are covered in the 2017 ban.

Back
Top Bottom