• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update - Two people shot, one dead at movie theater in Florida -Suspect Retired Cop

As annoying as it is to hear some dickhead's cell phone in the movie theater, shooting the guy is probably a little bit of an overreaction.

I no longer go to movie theaters because of the ignorant A holes that ruin it. If some doosh was talking on his phone or refused to silence it in the theater, I really don't care that he got shot over it. Sure it was an over reaction, but part of me says "good."

Really? Wow. Pretty disgusting you feel being murdered over sending text messages during previews is okay. Just wow.

I get IGWT's sentiment, but yeah, it's not ok. Even during the previews it's annoying when the light of someone's phone keeps catching your eye. It's rude, obnoxious, douchey behavior. People should put their ****ing phone away as soon as they enter the theater. Stay out in the hallway if you're that addicted to sending emoticons back and forth with your bubblehead friends. But to be glad someone's dead over it is a stretch.

Call me shallow I guess, but you know what I get out of reading that whole story? (and don't even deny it wasn't going through your own mind)........well, I guess that puts an end to the whole ".380 isn't a powerful enough round for EDC" debate.

Jeez, idiot may have shot a now deceased victim due to noise coming from the victims cell phone. Insane.

As annoying as it is to hear some dickhead's cell phone in the movie theater, shooting the guy is probably a little bit of an overreaction.

It's not over the cell phone per se. It just quickly escalates and then it becomes a machismo type thing, etc. Add women and some booze and it becomes a recipe for disaster.

well, I guess in field tests,
the .380 is enough gun to get the job done.

sarcasm_meter.jpg

Call me shallow I guess, but you know what I get out of reading that whole story? (and don't even deny it wasn't going through your own mind)........well, I guess that puts an end to the whole ".380 isn't a powerful enough round for EDC" debate.

a well placed 22 will drop someone...doesn't mean I'd carry a 22 as EDC.

I no longer go to movie theaters because of the ignorant A holes that ruin it. If some doosh was talking on his phone or refused to silence it in the theater, I really don't care that he got shot over it. Sure it was an over reaction, but part of me says "good."

This. There is no movie that I want to see that I can't wait until it comes out on PPV to see it. The cinema in Randolph as thug city the last time I went.

Take your blood pressure medicine before you wander into the comments section.

Actually there's more than a few that are level-headed but some woman wrote "The 2nd amendment is the oldest and dumbest of them all" or something to that affect.

Last edited:
This wouldn't happen if all movies started with this..... (NSFW)

Last edited by a moderator:

At arms length distance popcorn can be deadly.

There could be more to this story, can't go by the writers sentiment.

Last edited:
[tinfoil hat] Like I said with the last retired cop incident a few months back, you're going to start seeing a lot of these "retired cop goes crazy" stories because its the conservative consensus agenda to place retired cops in every one of our schools to keep the kids safe. [/tinfoil hat]

Apparently, the offender did not respect his authori-tay A captain? Jeebus.

this is my bet..."you don't know who I am!....bang, bang!"

"but, but, it was ok when we shot that kid in cuffs, or the dogs, or the guy running the stop sign!!"

LEO retired in 1993, at 51 !! jesus

Last edited:
Take your blood pressure medicine before you wander into the comments section.

Actually there's more than a few that are level-headed but some woman wrote "The 2nd amendment is the oldest and dumbest of them all" or something to that affect.

Most of us have adopted the "who gives an eff" attitude. Defensive mechanism works great. [wink]

Most of us have adopted the "who gives an eff" attitude. Defensive mechanism works great. [wink]

IMHO, the fact that he was a cop is actually going steer the blame away from the Stand your Ground crowd. The news will play up the retired LEO, not the CCW as they did with Zimmerman.
He hasn't got a prayer on a SYG defense anyway.

Back
Top Bottom