University of Washington students and concealed carry

flintoid

Banned
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-102709-campusvigilante,0,7328624.story

SEATTLE - A group of University Of Washington students are being called vigilantes after they armed themselves with handguns and tried to set up patrols on University Avenue and other areas around campus where students have been attacked over the past year.

Stanley Luong and Luis Garcia have armed themselves. Both are assault victims. Luong says, "Some guy just broke down the window, reached in and unlocked the door and came in and robbed us."

Garcia says, "Four men jumped out of a car. They assaulted me and threw my girlfriend to the ground and they attempted to rob me. Two times I've been jumped. I said it's not going to happen a third time."

So both got a concealed license permit and bought handguns. Now they walk with pistols in their pockets...looking for the bad guys.

Luong says, "I don't know if it's illegal to walk around and be bait. I'm kind of fishing for robbers."

Garcia says, "I believe the police they come after the fact. They aren't there when the incident is occurring I believe this is just the fastest means of protecting oneself and those around you… and so I decided to take that measure and execute my second amendment to bear arms."

According to the UW Daily Newspaper, there have been ten assaults and robberies in the area in just the past two months. The students also created a Facebook page with more than two dozen friends.

"I was just kind of sick of it and I watched a lot of movies like taxi driver and vigilante movies and I decided, why not make a Facebook" says Luong.

It was quickly removed but by then, the group was already together and remains loosely knit.

The University of Washington Police department doesn't think this style of vigilantism is a good idea. They would rather see the police work left to the professionals.

University Of Washington Deputy Police Chief Ray Wittmier says, "People when they are carrying weapons a lot of times they feel less vulnerable so they put themselves in bad positions sometimes increasing the likelihood that they might run into a bad situation."

It is illegal to carry a concealed handgun on college campuses in Washington. There has long been a move to change state law to allow it but so far it has not been successful.

These kids are failing on so many levels. I don't even know where to begin.

I am confused.....

"A group of University Of Washington students are being called vigilantes after they armed themselves with handguns and tried to set up patrols on University Avenue and other areas around campus where students have been attacked over the past year."

"It is illegal to carry a concealed handgun on college campuses in Washington. There has long been a move to change state law to allow it but so far it has not been successful."

Last edited:
They might stop a robbery...but if they actually shoot anyone, and since they are rather vocal about the fact that they are "fishing" for robbers...they are in a world of trouble.

Walk softly, and carry a big stick

I am confused.....

It is illegal to carry a concealed handgun on college campuses in Washington. There has long been a move to change state law to allow it but so far it has not been successful.

You are correct. These 'patrols' are taking place outside of campus grounds, on University Avenue. There's a facebook group of theirs that is trying to make concealed carry legal on campus grounds.

these kids are stupid...

I'm gonna get my gun, and then throw on my Breitling, my biggest gold chain with a diamond encrusted Jesus face on it, and a few shiny bracelets, and walk up and down Blue Hill Ave tonight...Let's see how it goes.

Last edited:
sooo, they're walking around trying to get mugged? wtf? I mean, good idea for arming themselves, but me thinks the brain train ain't quite with them on this one. especialy if they put pics of themselves up on facebook. now bad guys know who to go after/stay away from.

Back
Top Bottom