Unissued LEO HK USPs for $500.

my heart was warmed and then broken in almost the same instant.

9mm, too! [crying]

I couldn't remember which HK was on the EOPS list and had to check (thinking these might be pre '98). Then I saw it was .40 only. These are the times that drive home just how stupid the whole thing is.

Hmm, nice deal but I find this pretty annoying.

KIESLER'S DOES NOT SELL TO OR DEAL WITH THE CIVILIAN MARKET, INDIVIDUALS, OR FFL DEALERS. KIESLER'S ONLY DEALS WITH, ISSUES QUOTES TO, AND SELLS TO FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES, INDIVIDUAL OFFICERS, RESERVE OFFICERS, AFFILIATED GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, US MILITARY, INDIVIDUAL MILITARY PERSONNEL, RETIRED MILITARY WITH RETIRED ID, AFFILIATED TRAINING FACILITIES, FIREFIGHTERS, EMS, PROSECUTERS, DISTRICT ATTORNEYS.

How is a retired military person (nothing against them certainly), EMS, firefighter or DA any different than a civilian in this context?

How is a retired military person (nothing against them certainly), EMS, firefighter or DA any different than a civilian in this context?

This is just an educated guess not known fact, etc. But my reading of that leads me to think the above disclaimer is that distributors way of covering thier a$$ with regard to PD trade-ins, understand that many of the non gun friendly PD administrations out there will put "restrictions" on the contracts for re-arming the dept, allong the line of "these guns will not be sold to the public"...So this this company agrees to that but has a pretty broad view of what "officials" can buy them...I mean seriously are there to many gun owners out thier who are not themself (or close friends with) at least one of the following: INDIVIDUAL OFFICERS, RESERVE OFFICERS, AFFILIATED GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, US MILITARY, INDIVIDUAL MILITARY PERSONNEL, RETIRED MILITARY WITH RETIRED ID, AFFILIATED TRAINING FACILITIES, FIREFIGHTERS, EMS, PROSECUTERS, DISTRICT ATTORNEYS...

Last edited:
This is just an educated guess not known fact, etc. But my reading of that leads me to think the above disclaimer is that distributors way of covering thier a$$ with regard to PD trade-ins, understand that many of the non gun friendly PD administrations out there will put "restrictions" on the contracts for re-arming the dept, allong the line of "these guns will not be sold to the public"...So this this company agrees to that but has a pretty broad view of what "officials" can buy them...I mean seriously are there to many gun owners out thier who are not themself (or close friends with) at least one of the following: INDIVIDUAL OFFICERS, RESERVE OFFICERS, AFFILIATED GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, US MILITARY, INDIVIDUAL MILITARY PERSONNEL, RETIRED MILITARY WITH RETIRED ID, AFFILIATED TRAINING FACILITIES, FIREFIGHTERS, EMS, PROSECUTERS, DISTRICT ATTORNEYS...

You have a very good point. I hadn't thought of that angle. I should redirect my annoyance at the administrations and take heart in the fact that they're .40s.[smile]

That said, I'm a gun owner and I only know two retired military people who I didn't meet through NES. I've always worked in software which is an industry that doesn't tend to get a lot of retired military people.

Thanks for the heads up. Being from a semi free state I grabbed a 9 and 45. Hard not to at that price!

I have a question. How does a firearm fall off the EOPS list? My list from 2002 has the 9mm USP on it, but the 2009 does not.

I'm willing to bet that it's more an error than anything else. I've noted some other stuff on the EOPS Lists that appear to be in error or less than "clear". But I doubt that anyone in gov't cares, so I just "move on" and not worry about it.

I suspect that there is a mechanism for the Secretary of Public Safety to remove anything he wants from the EOPS List, but legitimately I would expect nothing to fall off the List unless a mfr asked for it to be dropped or submitted an "updated sample" that fails testing at the independent lab.

For what it's worth, I emailed Kiesler and they said that former military (with DD-214 or equivalent I assume) do qualify. Of course it also has to be MA legal.

If it's pre-'98, a MA FFL should be able to transfer it.

Back
Top Bottom