• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Under threat of handgun ban, Canadians buy alotta handguns

Martin may go down as the Bill Clinton of Canada. As most everyone knows, Bill Clinton motivated tens of thousnads of people who otherwise wouldn't have had any interest in a " funny-looking plastic rifle" to run out and buy as many as they could afford.

Ken

I actually thank Bill Clinton. Prior to 1994, I owned NO semi auto Battle Rifles, and at that time, neither the wife or I owned any handguns (we had before).

Now, I own 7 Semi Auto Military rifles and between the 2 of us, 6 handguns. Plus several other bolt action military rifles I've acquired.

If they hadn't gone and banned them, I would still be procrastinating.

ETA - You know the outcome of FOPA '86, when further manufacture/importation of machine guns was banned. Yup, the number of registered machine guns almost doubled in less than 6 months. And prior to that, they had 52 years to accumulate about 100,000 NFA firearms. In the 6 months, 90,000 more were registered.

Back
Top Bottom