Un-Adjustable Glock sights

Chuck

NES Member
Hi,

My new-to-me Glock 17 came with adjustable sights and no manual. I've heard how horrible the factory sights are, so I figure these are them. The back hangs over the end of the slide by about 2mm. There are screws on each side. One's windage the other is hight-- right? Anyone know which is which? It's not clear to me because they seem connected; when I turn one the other turns!

And even with multiple turns in both directions, I can't change the point of aim worth shit. I went through a box of ammo trying to zero it in earlier today. 1 inch groups off a rest, but they were all 8" high and 2" to the left on the indoor 50' range. Outside at the 25 yarder the other day I could consistently hit a jug, provided I aimed 2 feet low and 8 or so inches to the right! Need to get POI and POA to line up better then that if I'm going to use this in the next IDPA match next Thursday at Riverside.

Love to know how this sight is supposed to be adjusted. Once I have that figured out I'll look for alternatives. Since this is going to mostly an IDPA and other shooting sports gun, I don't need night sights. Other recommendations?

thanks,
chuck

Back
Top Bottom