TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS LATER.....

I am a member at two MORE clubs in my area.

Started the morning off in the New Bedford Rifle and Pistol Club Meeting.
Membership approved... :eek:)

Remembered sunday breakfasts as SRGC and decided even though it was late to head over there and see what they had going on over there.

Fell in love with the location immediately... country setting, quiet.. roomy, and people there!! Signed up, ran down to the ATM at plum corner... another great club membership.

That puts me up to 4 club/ ranges, GOAL, NRA, and IDPA.....

My wifes gonna kill me when all this mail starts coming in!

Remembered sunday breakfasts as SRGC and decided even though it was late to head over there and see what they had going on over there.

Fell in love with the location immediately... country setting, quiet.. roomy, and people there!! Signed up, ran down to the ATM at plum corner... another great club membership.

Damn you.

SRGC?

that's what Post Office Boxes are for.... a 72 dollar a year insurance policy guaranteed to keep the wife not only happy, but in the dark

Two weeks ago I dropped off my application to TRPC. Can't wait to get out to the 300 yard range.

Evan, Somehow i must have missed you... i left right at 1230, but hey, got my card so ill be there most likely this week to try out the ranges... days are free for me this week!

4 clubs? That's more than I'd ever join. I am more than happy just being a member of the Ames Rifle and Pistol club for now. Comparing it to other facilities I have seen it is definitely one of the better clubs in eastern Mass IMHO.

Well, I belong to 4 NOW... I definitly wont be keeping all 4 memberships up.... But for now.. I can go just about anywhere in my area.

I enjoy Sippican because its a laid back club with a friendly atmosphere. Plus if you have a day off during the week and go there, you may have the club to yourself.

The 2/12 meeting will be an important one because a new list of guidelines and range rules are being drawn up.
Every member is encouraged to attend so they can add input and find out about changes.

What are the requirements to become a member at the Sipican Rod and Gun Club ?
How much a year?
What type of rages do they have ? (50 yds,100 yds...)

Thank you,
Nelson

Don't pay any attention to the money amounts. I suspect it has not been updated in a while. Right now a new membership is $125 for a year, and you must be an NRA memeber. If you are not an NRA member you can join at the club and get a discount, and the club gets a couple buck too.

I think Milsurps link is still the working one AFAICT

I got to meet the LT today! The wife and I went over at lunch time. Despite 17 years together, we had never shot together. As we left a couple guys were on the 100 yard range, and sure enough, one was the Firefighter from Fairhaven. Man, you just don't see somebody grinning as much as that every day! Weather was perfect, the range was available and friendly, like-minded folks were digging it too. Great day, and great to meet another local NESer.

Tung, I was grinning cause the damn noise that 7.62 made under canopy was ROCKING.. i thought i was gonna piss people off with that boomer!!

It was great to meet you.. and i relaized now that i never even gave my name.. Brian!! good to meet you two today! it was suuuuchhh a georgeous day. .and I love that extra boom under the covered firing points! WHOOOO HOOO .. we definitly got the right day to be out there !

I was at Sipican yesterday trying out a new gun. Little slick walking down to the ranges in a few spots due to the ice. I also belong to New Bedford, Copicut and Acushnet. Probably have to cut back on memberships next year. But they all offer something. I gotta get up to Sipican on Sundays and start shooting some trap.

Tung, I was grinning cause the damn noise that 7.62 made under canopy was ROCKING.. i thought i was gonna piss people off with that boomer!!

It was great to meet you.. and i relaized now that i never even gave my name.. Brian!! good to meet you two today! it was suuuuchhh a georgeous day. .and I love that extra boom under the covered firing points! WHOOOO HOOO .. we definitly got the right day to be out there !

You should have seen us both jump when you touched the first one off![laugh]

I'm glad you brought up your name, because I got back to the truck and cursed myself for forgetting it already[rolleyes]

Knob Creek, were you the fella with Brian? Sorry I didn't stick around longer, but the wife was already in the truck and on "Home" mode.

Maybe I will run, or slide, into you some Sunday.

Rick

truth be told, when the first one went off ( i have never fired that rifle before yesterday) i was SERIOUSLY worried I would get asked to leave. Knowing the 50 yard range is up range from the 100, knowing you were over there, and being new to the club, i thought sure as you know what that i was gonna get a bashing for it.

The other guy with me was also a Brian. He just came back from Iraq a year ago and is looking forward to becoming a member

We weren't worried about you. It was just that we had taken our head gear off while inspecting the targets, and that was quite a KABOOM!

We were actually on the 25 yard range, with two berms between us, and well off to your right. [wink]

so, do we just show up on a Sunday morning with cash and our NRA cards? What is a good time to go? I remember reading somewhere that they have big breakfast and that is a good time to sign up. This correct?
thanks

that's what Post Office Boxes are for.... a 72 dollar a year insurance policy guaranteed to keep the wife not only happy, but in the dark

Brilliant!!! Smashing! Gotta do that sometime!!! [laugh] [smile] Suppose I should get a real house and a wife to put in it too first.... [rofl] Only after I collect all my toys first...

T3... thats what I did... walked in.. filled out the app.. paid, .. met the eboard members there and got my card. great group of people there sofar... and everyones like your next door neighbor... the one you LIKE ! LOL

T3... thats what I did... walked in.. filled out the app.. paid, .. met the eboard members there and got my card. great group of people there sofar... and everyones like your next door neighbor... the one you LIKE ! LOL

Thank you. Any time in the morning? 9,10 etc?
thanks so much for the reply. we will most likely show up this sunday[smile]

Back
Top Bottom