Two guns stolen from FBI SWAT team.

Just saw that on the news. Looking for the link.
"But only cops should have guns"

Ty for the links. I couldn't find them on my phone.

Last edited:
Why would a modern SWAT team have an M16A1?

If the picture in the article is correct:

ColtM16A1FINAL-jpg.jpg

I don't think that is an M16A1. No carry handle.

I'm sure the weapons were locked and secure in a locked and secure SWAT vehicle. [thinking]

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for the two weapons.

"The FBI continues to devote significant resources to locate these weapons (and) determine who stole them," the bureau said in a statement.

I would guess if they were privately owned guns stolen, they would do nothing to find them, and and devote significant resources to prosecution of the lawful owner who was victimized.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/bost.../22858168/-/2lid51/-/index.html#ixzz2k00eGQ32

Nothing new.

The Bureau has had an entire Suburban stolen (circa 1997):

FBI Director Louis Freeh said today the bureau is making "a full-court press" to find weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition in an FBI SWAT truck stolen from a Tennessee hotel parking lot.

No arrests were made, and authorities were searching for the weapons, said John Hancock, who is in charge of the FBI's Memphis office.

Hancock said the thieves might not have known that they were stealing an FBI truck or that it contained firearms. "I'm sure (the weapons) were not in plain view," he said.

The weapons included seven M-16s, three MP-5s with 30-round magazines, two M-79 grenade launchers and one 12-gauge shotgun, according to a broadcast by WPTY-TV in Memphis.

More here.

So we're safe in assuming that said FBI agents who were supposed to be in charge of these stolen weapons will be brought up on improper storage charges.

Right?

I mean, if one of us lowly proletariat had OUR guns stolen, we'd have any remaining guns impounded to a bonded warehouse. Is someone impounding the FBI's guns??

We'd lose our LTC immediately. Have the agents' licenses been revoked?

The double standards around here, suck.

They are probably just washing the guns so they can be given to some Mexican cartel. This way they won't have to account for them, they can just say" they were stolen and given to the bad guys".

If whoever stole them knew they were stealing them from the FBI's SWAT or HRT or whatever they're calling it - I give them credit for having a pair.

ROTFL... I just heard this on chan 7 and assuemed it was someone on here :) so, is the FBI going to loose there license to carry due to sutability issues now?

The funniest thing about the article I read is that they simply call them "RIFLES". Oh, so they are only assault weapons when someone uses them to commit a mass murder? Oh.

Where was this vehicle that the rifles were stolen from parked? Was it an unmarked vehicle?

There is police training going on this week at the Andover club and the police leave a small trailer there overnight. Don't know what they store in it though.

FBI Director Louis Freeh said today the bureau is making "a full-court press" to find weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition in an FBI SWAT truck stolen from a Tennessee hotel parking lot.

No arrests were made, and authorities were searching for the weapons, said John Hancock, who is in charge of the FBI's Memphis office.

Hancock said the thieves might not have known that they were stealing an FBI truck or that it contained firearms. "I'm sure (the weapons) were not in plain view," he said.

The weapons included seven M-16s, three MP-5s with 30-round magazines, two M-79 grenade launchers and one 12-gauge shotgun, according to a broadcast by WPTY-TV in Memphis.

I just went six to midnight.

Giggity.

Back
Top Bottom