Two guns stolen from FBI SWAT team.

I work in professional services. I remember, back around 1983, I left a case full of confidential client workpapers in the trunk of my car. My boss at the time made it very clear we NEVER leave confidential client data locked on our car. I cannot imagine a rule equally strict does not exist with respect to LEO firearms. Personally, I have no sympathy for the LEOs here. Too bad they didn't have the bastage of a boss I had when I was first starting out.

So....a bolt-action sniper rifle is now considered to be a "high capacity firearm"? I can understand the M16A1, but not the HS 2000 .308. If it truly was an M16A1, why was the young punk not charged on a federal level with illegal possession of a machine gun? Where is the BATFE on this case? Seems like he should be a candidate for an extended stay in Club Fed. Looks like the charges are for violation of MA gun laws only.

News is stating that there is a LEO exemption on the storage laws. I don't think this is true.

Absolutely NO exemption for LEOs wrt "storage".

Leaving guns locked up (following proper storage laws) in a car is NOT illegal in MA, it just isn't prudent. If this sort of thing happened to a non-LEO, the likelihood would be a confiscation of permits and guns immediately by the licensing officer/chief of the issuing town and declaration of "unsuitability". BUT no law would be broken by either the victim of theft or the chief revoking LTC and confiscating the guns.

Back
Top Bottom