Two 1950's C&R .45s

MJ1

MG2YTjt.jpg

I had one of the Ballerina Molesters until just a couple years ago; it's a fine firearm. That reeded grip is really a great design.

That grip looks really comfortable

I expected it to feel just like a 1911, but the reeds make it much more positive than the conventional checkers. The oddball B-M serrations are also a surprisingly helpful feature, vs the regularly spaced and close-set grooves on most 1911s.

I look at those kinds of things, which seem so minor, as really instructive examples of how a simple little tweak can really change the feel of a gun.

I hadn't even thought about the serrations, yeah I could see them being a bit better too.

Ballester-Molina

Was very popular with the British in WW2 because the troops liked the stopping power of the .45 ACP. They are very reliable too with fewer parts and less finicky
trigger actions.

The M24 ? Well it's a Colt 1911 made on Colt tooling with Colt staff on hand well into the 40,000 mark. The first 20,000 were assembled using all Colt made parts after the first 10K were delivered from Colt. I'm quoting from memory so I might be off on the numbers but not by much. Mine is a Navy marked unit.

Thank you for posting and commenting.

Back
Top Bottom