TV and Movies inaccurate Gun portrayal and use

Totally fake gun, but I want one!
Maybe Red Jacket or Gunsmoke will make me one................for about $15k

Stereophonic_Revolver.jpg

Yessss, my screencap has circled the internets! Mwuahahahah. Now how do I profit from that? [smile]

I have seen that scene so many times and never counted the shots, but you are absolutely correct. Except for that I thought this was one of the more realistic movies as far as shootouts go. They missed with a lot of shots and were constantly reloading, which is unusual for movies. LOVE the shotgun blast through the barn wall! Great scene!

In the movie The Mechanic, when the main character is training his cohort, they do a slow motion close up of a round leaving the chamber of the rifle... and the round is a crimped round. It made me smile.

Rambo 2 or 3 when Sly pulls a LAW rocket to shoot at a Hind D, aims the LAW but actually pulls the trigger on a RPGS, then throws away the spent LAW rocket, all from inside a helicopter with everybody behind him not effected by the back blast.

I'm watching this stupid movie on TNT called "Kong: Skull Island".
Samuel L. Jackson is supposed to be an army colonel in the Vietnam era, on a mission to explore the mysterious Skull Island.
His sidearm appears to be a 1905 Colt .45acp.
You'd think he'd have a 1911, but it's definitely not, I can tell by the slide profile and locking wedge.

Don’t know the name of the movie. But Martin Laurence fires what looks like a Dessert Eagle at a tire. No recoil lots of flash.

Movie I Come in Peace Dolph Lundgren is holding a gun to Micheal J Pollard's head switching back and forth between Lundgren and Pollard gun model changes at least once.

watching Unforgiven the other day... one thing I noticed, is the obligatory "last warning" cock of a SA hammer, a swing of a lever action, or a pump cycle of a shotgun all while the "shooter" is aiming at the other guy... seems it happens in tons of westerns. And with the long gun, nothing is ejected so the chamber is initially empty. Am I missing something? I can kinda see cocking the SA revolver, but a rifle or shotgun without one in the chamber???

View: https://youtu.be/0vscLrMD_qY?t=97

Last edited:
The dude with the 12 ga pump shottie that always has to jack a shell because he's running around with no shell in the chamber...
And the 11 shot revolver. Where can I get one of those?

The use of "point blank range" in the movies. Almost every reference to point blank range is up close or muzzle against the cranium.

Then theres always the never ending reloading gun .

Back
Top Bottom