TV and Movies inaccurate Gun portrayal and use

I thought this would be kind of fun to post things you notice that are clearly inaccurate or just misinformation. I haven't seen any other dedicated links to this. #1 Law and order and someone was using a Desert Eagle and shooting rapidly all on target with very little recoil and the female detective questioned her about the pistol and mag and when person said had a "'clip" with 13 or 14 rounds detective said that's pretty much an assault weapon. #2 walking dead and one of the guys on there was shooting an AR/M16 with fixed front A frame sight and no rear sight at all and right on target. Share em if you got em.

Walking dead, AR flat top with no tear sight and the governor hits aiming target at 50 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish that occasionally, on one of those shows that always has a creep grabbing a woman to do something horrible to, the woman would pull a j-frame out from under her shirt and blow the guy away.[grin]

+1 for the gun carrying public!

I love the show 'falling skys' where they make 'mech bullets' from some sort of special metal that instantly shoots through anything... and that everyone in Ma has full auto AK's....

I was watching X-Files last night. Scully and Mulder get stopped by some shady agents. When they took their weapons they took the mag out of Scully's handgun and there were no bullets in it.

Some of the old westerns when the good guy was unarmed and starts a fist fight, then in the next scene while still fighting the gun appears in the holster. BONANZA rings a bell.

I was watching X-Files last night. Scully and Mulder get stopped by some shady agents. When they took their weapons they took the mag out of Scully's handgun and there were no bullets in it.

Unfortunately, that isn't just in the movies. Had to start press checking pistols as new trainees came in due to an incident similar to what you describe.

Sombrero_3.jpg

@ 300 yards

=

headshot.gif

Caught the end of 21 Jump Street last night. Aside from deplorable form the most offensive error is Tatum Channing attempting to fire a Glock that has apparently run dry (though slide is in battery). He go not one but TWO clicks from the firing pin. Magical.

Wait wait wooooooooo hold up...... you mean to tell me that stuff in the movies is sometimes fake or inaccurate? **** I feel duped...

God bless America, frank is clicking the trigger of his 1911 and the slide is locked back

Roxy's 1911's slide did not well.... Slide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait wait wooooooooo hold up...... you mean to tell me that stuff in the movies is sometimes fake or inaccurate? **** I feel duped...

You & me both!! [shocked]

- - - Updated - - -

Totally fake gun, but I want one!
Maybe Red Jacket or Gunsmoke will make me one................for about $15k

Stereophonic_Revolver.jpg

I remember that...wasn't it the stereophonic something or other and it played music? That shouldn't cost 15k....lol [laugh]

From one of the Death Wish movies Bronson fires 475 Wildey and no muzzle flash and no slide movement but a great big Kaboom thanks to the sound effects dept.

Back
Top Bottom