• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tube fed .22 any recommendations?

My uncle had one when i was a kid, shot s-l-lr. Would love to pick up one
to have in his memory. Was a bolt action as i recall. Can’t find much on the web.

Anyone learn on a similar rifle?

Check out shops with used gun sections. I picked up a beautiful old Savage semi-auto tube fed for about $125 a few years back. Shoots perfectly and it's in great condition.

I've got a Ranger model (Sears) pump-action gallery gun in a tubulurrr magazine. Action is all purpled. It's a fun gun to shoot. I've had it for a long time. It's time to drag it out. Maybe bring my son to the range with it.

My uncle had one when i was a kid, shot s-l-lr. Would love to pick up one
to have in his memory. Was a bolt action as i recall. Can’t find much on the web.

Anyone learn on a similar rifle?

I don't know how old you or your uncle are. This was a very popular rifle put out by many manufacturers; Savage, Stevens, Sears, Springfield etc

Can be used a single shot/bolt and semi. Look up Model 87A

marlin made a nice bolt tube fed .22. also made the same rife in .22 mag. i bought the .22 model at service merchandise in burlington many years ago and wish i kept it. primitive sights though but functional just the same. didn't look to see if they were available still, but saw a used one at fs not too long ago. i think they might have called them the glenfield model. i'm taxing my brain now but hopefully i'm remembering this right.

Just spend he money on a Henry. They make an awesome lever action and a pump action as well.

I just wrapped a group buy on the Henry .22 Lever action (Model H001) for $270 cash/check. I can probably still get a few more at that price. PM if interested.

My first was a Winchester model 190 (or 290 - fancier wood). I currently own two 190's and a 290. I have never, ever had issues with any of them and my original that I inherited from my late father is still plinking without malfunctions. I loooove the Winchester 190 and would recommend one to anyone. They shoot short, long or long rifle.

Or a nice Remington Nylon 66............

I did not see anyone mentioning any of the old Mossbergs.I have a 46 a(b) and it's one of my most accurate rifles.Built like a tank, awesome wood.

Henry, Marlin or Savage. I love my Henry. Shoots S,L,LR. 22S is great for backyard plinking.

This ^

Marlin Model 60 !

I have one of these, great fun!

I did not see anyone mentioning any of the old Mossbergs.I have a 46 a(b) and it's one of my most accurate rifles.Built like a tank, awesome wood.

Have one of these too. Excellent workmen ship but seem to be getting on the expensive side

there can only be one, unless you meant you are looking for bolt

IMG_3504.JPG

My first was a Winchester model 190 (or 290 - fancier wood). I currently own two 190's and a 290. I have never, ever had issues with any of them and my original that I inherited from my late father is still plinking without malfunctions. I loooove the Winchester 190 and would recommend one to anyone. They shoot short, long or long rifle.

Or a nice Remington Nylon 66............

I've got a 190, or rather, my daughter does. Such an awesome little rifle!

I have a Marlin 99c which is a precursor to the 60. Great, accurate plinker. Got it from a family member 25 years ago. Only thing I’ve had to replace is the rear sight that got snapped off.

I have a model 290 and it's lever action brother the 250, they both have the fancy wood with the oak leaf checkering.
My other .22 tube-feeders include a Henry H001Y, a Marlin 39A, a Browning SA-22, a Browning BL-22 (grade II), a Norinco ATD-22, a Rossi stainless 62SA and an Uberti Silverboy.
The Henry, the two Brownings and the Uberti are the only ones that are still in production.
Of these four, the Henry has the smoothest action.

Get one of the old Savage/ Springfield gill side clickity clackity rifles. Semi auto with .22 LR bolt action (and actually feeds) with shorts, longs, colibris, CBs, etc. I have a minty 87A that I picked up for $150. Awesome little gun. Never jams no matter what kind of ammo its eating. You can drill and tap the receivers for pic rails or use one of those weaver side mount contraptions if you want optics. Don't bother with Marlin model 60's. I've owned 3 of those stupid things and none of them ran right.

I have a Marlin 99c which is a precursor to the 60. Great, accurate plinker. Got it from a family member 25 years ago. Only thing I’ve had to replace is the rear sight that got snapped off.

I also have an old model 99, I had to convert it to the newer model 60 feed throat to keep her running smoothly but a very accurate gun.

IMAGE1.jpg

Have had no problems with the Marlins I have owned, Only tube fed I had was a Model 60 from 87 and 45-70 lever. Both were fun

Back
Top Bottom