• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trying to date a G17

I am either semi rerarded or loosing my mind or something. I have a older G17 and am trying to figure out date of manufacture but can’t find any numbers with the prefix XD. Any help is greatly appreciated. Serial # is XD7xxUS.

Thanks guys I couldn’t find XD anywhere. I read over that page too. When I searched XD prefix I got results of those stupid ass Springfield XD’s o_O. This is the only gun forum I am a member of so that’s why I asked here.

call glock customer service and they will give you the date of manufacture right over the phone. Takes about 5 minutes. That is a guarantee of correct date and easiest method.

If this is to prove “pre ban” status in Mass:

ALL gen 2 (no finger grooves) are pre October 1998. 100% ok for any FFL to transfer in Massachusetts.

Yup, to be safe in MA, you should wait until G19.
Dont wait too long though. Before you know it she'll be a G43. To be fair to OP, a G17 is better than a B17.
B17+Liberty+Belle+Photo1.jpg

If this is to prove “pre ban” status in Mass:

ALL gen 2 (no finger grooves) are pre October 1998. 100% ok for any FFL to transfer in Massachusetts.

As usual with Glock firearms and magazines, nothing is really cast in stone. The Glock Serial Number Research Project lists a Glock 17 Gen. 2 made in January 1999 with a S/N starting with CZB. Is it a mistake in the list? Does it have finger grooves? Who knows?

As usual with Glock firearms and magazines, nothing is really cast in stone. The Glock Serial Number Research Project lists a Glock 17 Gen. 2 made in January 1999 with a S/N starting with CZB. Is it a mistake in the list? Does it have finger grooves? Who knows?
Well, that sure is interesting!

I know the cut off on serial numbers is around CTx###. If it was anywhere near that I would check the serial number project and maybe even call Glock.

There are virtually no hold times on the phone.
Ask for tech support.
In 5 minutes you’ll have your answer. Just keep in mind that they close at 4pm or maybe 4:30pm if I recall.

To each his own. Me... I clearly prefer women.

This is a free country. Whatever gets your rocks off.

In what universe is a G17 better then a B17?????

To the OP. Just bring it flowers and never cry in front of it and you should have a long loving relationship.
Lol, I was trying to play along with the insinuations at the beginning of the thread that G17= 17 year old girl, so B17=17 year old boy. So, the OP is better off with a teenage girl than a teenage boy. Not so funny if you have to explain it out I guess. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom