Try to find an AR-15/M4 type rifle wow!

Same here in CT, stopped by 3 or 4 places on Tuesday and not an "AR" variant to be had, Anyone know the legalities of me purchasing out of state and having it shipped to an FFL here?? Obviously as long as it is CT legal?

Watch Ar15.com in their equipment exchange section. I bought a stripped lower locally for 140.00 Then I found a lower parts kit for 75.00 and a A2 stock assembley for 60.00on ar15.com

So I have 275.00 Into a complete post election lower.

When the right upper pops up I will jump on it. The ban compliant uppers seem to last a little longer on the boards.

Good luck!

Edit. Argh!!!!!
Just missed a complete 20 inch upper for 395.00 Shipped

Last edited:
Same here in CT, stopped by 3 or 4 places on Tuesday and not an "AR" variant to be had, Anyone know the legalities of me purchasing out of state and having it shipped to an FFL here?? Obviously as long as it is CT legal?

To the best of my knowledge, you can purchase anywhere....such as on "Guns America" and have it shipped to a local FFL. Provided it meets state regs.

Like the terms or not, that's your choice. But this recurring theme of denying that "weapon" and "assault rifle" are not "correct" is utter horseshit. You’re not going to scare an "anti" any more than they already are simply by using the proper terms.

Absolutely correct! [cheers]

Just to clarify, I never used the term "weapon."

As far as the definition of "assault", I understand this "genre" of rifle is semiauto, and the earlier definition descended from selectfire armament.

I am not attempting to incur the wrath of "anti's" nor am I trying to draw negative attention to this site, I was merely making a comment. Didn't realize I had to be THAT careful with my terminologies.[rolleyes]

My biggest mistake was saying "thanks Bobby" when I meant " thanks Barry." But what's a few name changes/birth certificate changes among friends.[laugh]

My second biggest mistake was waiting till after the election to shop for this type of "semi automatic rifle." (howz that)

oh, btw, thanks for the welcome to the forum.[grin]

ace57

I wasn't trying to bust your chops at all, I'm just a little pedantic at times. [smile] Sorry if it came off as rude, it wasn't intended that way.

Like the terms or not, that's your choice. But this recurring theme of denying that "weapon" and "assault rifle" are not "correct" is utter horseshit. You’re not going to scare an "anti" any more than they already are simply by using the proper terms.

Weapon: as defined by Merriam Webster:

Main Entry: 1weap•on
Pronunciation: \ˈwe-pən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English wepen, from Old English wǣpen; akin to Old High German wāffan weapon, Old Norse vāpn
Date: before 12th century
1 : something (as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy

Assault Rifle (same source):
Main Entry: assault rifle
Function: noun
Date: 1972
: any of various automatic or semiautomatic rifles with large capacity magazines designed for military use.

Most of the pro-gun lobby groups like NRA and GOAL prefer the term 'assault rifle' and weapon not be used as language IS indeed power, as was pointed out.

It's not the antis I'm (they're) worried about - as you rightly say, they've already made up their minds. It's the majority who don't have a strong opinion either way that I'm courting. They're the ones that will either hurt or save us w/respect to restictive gun laws. The anti's use the politics of fear, IMO we need to do what we can to prevent them from being successful. We may not like Suzie Soccer Mom, but we sure as hell need her vote.

As much unpopular Bushmaster Top Loader is....Cark from FS guns and Walter from Law enforcement equipment couldn't find me one..

They said all their distributors told them they were out of stock...and that everyone is buying "assault type weapons coz of Obama now"

Ace,

If you still haven't found opne call Riley's and they'll order you a leftie from Stag. Took 2 weeks to get mine. $902, MA compliant

Keep looking!

A suggestion:

Don't call it an assault rifle. An assault rifle is a select-fire gun (don't call it a weapon either). You're looking for a semi-automatic rifle.

We need to be careful. The anti's love to use language against us, let's not help them out [smile] Welcome to the forum!

EDIT
Sorry for the dupe advice, I posted before reading.

I have shot a few and I shoot lefty too but have an rra on order that's a righty.I don't see a problem,but I put a brass catcher on it also.

Back
Top Bottom