Trump gun control, update post 529 Trump No Longer Backing “Red Flag” Law, Background Check Changes

Whatever comes of this, it will just be the next ineffective ratchet click... the next treating the symptom instead of the disease.

We don't have a gun problem. We don't even (to a degree) have a mental health problem perse', though I'd entertain GMO's, hormones and the like in our food supply having a correlation to the myriad of alphabet disorders diagnosed in our children, usually leading to medicating them.

There have been guns in America since forever, and there has always been "that kid" everyone knew was trouble(d). With isolated exception, the two rarely crossed. So what's changed? The internet. The internet and it's ability to shrink the world as we know it. The internet and its ability to put loners in contact with other loners or with groups that artificially empower them over distance.

Pre-WWW that kid is separated from other troubled minds by raw distance. Pre-WWW he stays a loner, maybe bullied, but largely introvert and meek. That kid usually never mustered the raw courage to confront someone about getting the wrong change let alone threaten bodily harm... he lived at home blaming the world. Things either got better or worse with time, life of crime, tortured animals, or got married and held down a job but was generally just the guy up the street that was a dick. Of course there have always been occasions of the perfect storm where they'd find each other, or seek out secret societies, or instances of pure evil. Mass murders are hardly new.

Post-WWW that kid can find anonymity and acceptance, he's a keyboard commando and finds the courage to speak his mind, because after all the people on the internet aren't really people necessarily...they're just screen names, opinions and ideas buffered and not really physically dangerous...and so you can act big without fear of physical retaliation. The keyboard and the text message have stripped the human out of most our interactions. There is no eye contact, no inflection, no tone or physical feedback. It's antiseptic and emotionally distant. Add violent video games and that kids hate has the ability to outgrow normal social taboos... like killing a stranger, because he no longer relates to others on a sensory level.

That kid now finds himself able to communicate without fear, blaming the world for his issues. He's no longer bound by the limits of moms basement, and eventually finds his way into some webpage, some forum, some discussion with like hundreds or thousands of like-minded (pick your poison: race, politics, gender, religion, it doesn't matter...it only need be the hate-dejour that has suppressed him the most). There he sits, a victim stewing in forums and building the courage. Call it brainwashing or whatever, but it's empowering. There are others out there either feeling the same or egging him on, and like it or not there is strength in numbers, even if that kid is still just one. Eventually the stewing reaches a boiling point, and the gun is just low hanging fruit...and "the cause" is bigger than his pathetic existence. There is nothing more dangerous than the human mind. If a person has the vacancy to kill another outside self defense, they will find a way. There truly is very little to defend against someone willing to die.

1990, the first webserver and WWW...1993 Mosaic. 1994 Netscape, 1995 AOL comes into it's own with 3 million users. 1996 Harris and Klebold have an AOL webpage that evolves into information about guns, explosives and hate. They are no longer isolated and have the ability to project their hate over distance and for others to reciprocate. To egg them on. 1998 Harris is on antidepressants. 1999, Columbine..largely recognized as the beginning of an era. A competition for copycats. These once isolated loners now stew in the anonymity of the WWW, building false courage and every once in a while one of these little pressure cookers pops. No longer a kid and not quite a man can be a frustrating time.

So go ahead and institute bans, background checks, limitations whatever for the rest of us. Ineffective ratchet clicks. Mental health issues no matter the cause are rarely an issue in isolation in it's many forms. Take that kid and soak him in hate and pump up his false bravado and his despair, the rest writes itself. It'll be a knife, a bomb, a truck... The trick is always determining how far you can push the innocent in the name of putting the genie back in the bottle.

One man's opinion.
Donks (and RINOs) don't want to treat the disease. They don't want this shit to stop. They want to use it as a convenient excuse to disarm everyone (and as the Brits have demonstrated, they will not stop with firearms, they'll move right along to knives), and have full control of everything and everyone. As others have pointed out re: the Chinese social media scores, what they want is to be a managerial class holding sway over us serfs.

Whatever comes of this, it will just be the next ineffective ratchet click... the next treating the symptom instead of the disease.

We don't have a gun problem. We don't even (to a degree) have a mental health problem perse', though I'd entertain GMO's, hormones and the like in our food supply having a correlation to the myriad of alphabet disorders diagnosed in our children, usually leading to medicating them.

There have been guns in America since forever, and there has always been "that kid" everyone knew was trouble(d). With isolated exception, the two rarely crossed. So what's changed? The internet. The internet and it's ability to shrink the world as we know it. The internet and its ability to put loners in contact with other loners or with groups that artificially empower them over distance.

Pre-WWW that kid is separated from other troubled minds by raw distance. Pre-WWW he stays a loner, maybe bullied, but largely introvert and meek. That kid usually never mustered the raw courage to confront someone about getting the wrong change let alone threaten bodily harm... he lived at home blaming the world. Things either got better or worse with time, life of crime, tortured animals, or got married and held down a job but was generally just the guy up the street that was a dick. Of course there have always been occasions of the perfect storm where they'd find each other, or seek out secret societies, or instances of pure evil. Mass murders are hardly new.

Post-WWW that kid can find anonymity and acceptance, he's a keyboard commando and finds the courage to speak his mind, because after all the people on the internet aren't really people necessarily...they're just screen names, opinions and ideas buffered and not really physically dangerous...and so you can act big without fear of physical retaliation. The keyboard and the text message have stripped the human out of most our interactions. There is no eye contact, no inflection, no tone or physical feedback. It's antiseptic and emotionally distant. Add violent video games and that kids hate has the ability to outgrow normal social taboos... like killing a stranger, because he no longer relates to others on a sensory level.

That kid now finds himself able to communicate without fear, blaming the world for his issues. He's no longer bound by the limits of moms basement, and eventually finds his way into some webpage, some forum, some discussion with like hundreds or thousands of like-minded (pick your poison: race, politics, gender, religion, it doesn't matter...it only need be the hate-dejour that has suppressed him the most). There he sits, a victim stewing in forums and building the courage. Call it brainwashing or whatever, but it's empowering. There are others out there either feeling the same or egging him on, and like it or not there is strength in numbers, even if that kid is still just one. Eventually the stewing reaches a boiling point, and the gun is just low hanging fruit...and "the cause" is bigger than his pathetic existence. There is nothing more dangerous than the human mind. If a person has the vacancy to kill another outside self defense, they will find a way. There truly is very little to defend against someone willing to die.

1990, the first webserver and WWW...1993 Mosaic. 1994 Netscape, 1995 AOL comes into it's own with 3 million users. 1996 Harris and Klebold have an AOL webpage that evolves into information about guns, explosives and hate. They are no longer isolated and have the ability to project their hate over distance and for others to reciprocate. To egg them on. 1998 Harris is on antidepressants. 1999, Columbine..largely recognized as the beginning of an era. A competition for copycats. These once isolated loners now stew in the anonymity of the WWW, building false courage and every once in a while one of these little pressure cookers pops. No longer a kid and not quite a man can be a frustrating time.

So go ahead and institute bans, background checks, limitations whatever for the rest of us. Ineffective ratchet clicks. Mental health issues no matter the cause are rarely an issue in isolation in it's many forms. Take that kid and soak him in hate and pump up his false bravado and his despair, the rest writes itself. It'll be a knife, a bomb, a truck... The trick is always determining how far you can push the innocent in the name of putting the genie back in the bottle.

One man's opinion.

Would you blame radio for WWII.?

What has changed is the dependency of masses on elected governments. Never ever before so many people on the globe gave up their responsibilities and transferred them to politicians. We do not bring up children anymore, government does. We can't take care of our loans, government will!

But government can't respond.

No government can eliminate clear and present danger faster than well trained citizen who is on the site. All attacks take few minutes.

By taking guns away from the people government is removing their only defense. That is the current global trend. Such move benefits all kind of garbage which is anti-social.

Instead of recognizing new challenges we all have to face, politicians went the opposite way. They scared people with terror produced by kids with guns. And this is what gave power to kids. No internet, no video games.......Politicians will build you a shrine and your sorry name will be flying around. If we would eliminate the kid immediately and move on, we would not eliminate all attacks, but we will not give them what they are after. This is exactly how it works in Israel and many other countries. Our media make heroes from idiots instead of educating public on it's own defense.

Last edited:
Donks (and RINOs) don't want to treat the disease. They don't want this shit to stop. They want to use it as a convenient excuse to disarm everyone (and as the Brits have demonstrated, they will not stop with firearms, they'll move right along to knives), and have full control of everything and everyone. As others have pointed out re: the Chinese social media scores, what they want is to be a managerial class holding sway over us serfs.

They are contributing to a disease. Politicians like to be strong and most of them are just psychopaths without any particular direction. They and their families and friends can do whatever masses can't do, because masses are sickly, drug addicted anonymous crowds which can't make decisions for themselves.

Biden, in Iowa speech, says Trump fans ‘the flames of white supremacy’ - The Boston Globe
“We have a president who has aligned himself with the darkest forces in this nation. And that makes winning the battle for the soul of this nation that much harder,” Biden planned to say in Iowa, drawing on a core theme of his presidential campaign. Until Trump can be defeated, Biden planned to say, “it’s up to us” to fight against hate and for American values.

Last edited:
I doubt any of us are under 25 here, I don't see why anybody here cares if some kid who's mostly pre-occupied with where his next orgasm is going to come from isn't able to buy an AR until her turns 25

And? What if it were you that was under 25? Would you still be touting this idea or taking a stand and saying “f*** no, I’ve been a legal aged adult for 8yrs now (17-25) what more do you want from me??”

And what about our returning Veterans? Some of these kids have 2-3-4 tours in and still aren’t even 25 yet. Do you get to say sorry pal, you ain’t 25 yet, come back in 2 years, but thanks for your service anyway.

I’m not trying to bash you on this, I know you’re not a Veteran, but reading your post immediately made me think of this funny as hell old guy I once had the absolute honor of meeting, his name was Jack, Jack Lucas, USMC, who lied about his age to join the Corps at 14yrs old.

After his Sgt found out how old he really was, he was safely confined to quarters until he could be discharged and returned home to his mother. He escaped and f***ing stowed away on a Navy ship just to make it overseas to fight the Japs.

He made it there eventually, landed on Iwo Jima at age 15. When that battle was over he was severely wounded after jumping on top of not 1 but 2 grenades to save his fellow Marines (he still had the black ashes of the beach literally burned into his forearms and body).

Mr. Lucas returned home eventually to finish HIGH SCHOOL at age 17 AFTER receiving The Medal of Honor for his actions on Iwo.

Do you want to tell someone like him that you’re restricting his rights as an American because he’s not old enough yet to be responsible? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

We still have a whole lot of young versions of Jack out there kicking ass for us right now every day, every night, all week long. Let’s not go talking about taking away their rights while they’re sitting on some God forsaken mountain in a place that looks like f***ing Mars and is infested with hardcore enemy fighters still hunting them.

We have a sacred duty to protect their rights back here while they fight for us over there. I’ll step off the soapbox now, just thought that was a fitting story right here.

And? What if it were you that was under 25? Would you still be touting this idea or taking a stand and saying “f*** no, I’ve been a legal aged adult for 8yrs now (17-25) what more do you want from me??”

And what about our returning Veterans? Some of these kids have 2-3-4 tours in and still aren’t even 25 yet. Do you get to say sorry pal, you ain’t 25 yet, come back in 2 years, but thanks for your service anyway.

I’m not trying to bash you on this, I know you’re not a Veteran, but reading your post immediately made me think of this funny as hell old guy I once met, his name was Jack, Jack Lucas, USMC, who lied about his age to join the Corps at 14yrs old.

After his Sgt found out how old he really was, he was safely confined to quarters until he could be discharged and returned home to his mother. He escaped and f***ing stowed away on a Navy ship just to make it overseas to fight the Japs.

He made it there eventually, landed on Iwo Jima at age 15. When that battle was over he was severely wounded after jumping on top of not 1 but 2 grenades to save his fellow Marines (he still had the black ashes of the beach literally burned into his forearms and body).

Mr. Lucas returned home eventually to finish HIGH SCHOOL at age 17 AFTER receiving The Medal of Honor for his actions on Iwo.

Do you want to tell someone like him that you’re restricting his rights as an American because he’s not old enough yet to be responsible? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

We still have a whole lot of young versions of Jack out there kicking ass for us right now every day, every night, all week long. Let’s not go talking about taking away their rights while they’re sitting on some God forsaken mountain in a place that looks like f***ing Mars and is infested with hardcore enemy fighters still hunting them.

We have a sacred duty to protect their rights back here while they fight for us over there. I’ll step off the soapbox now, just thought that was a fitting story right here.

[bow][bow][bow]
My grandmother always slapped me:"Do not play with idiots, you will become one."
We can't accept liberal world as our world. It would be an insult.

[bow][bow][bow]
My grandmother always slapped me:"Do not play with idiots, you will become one."
We can't accept liberal world as our world. It would be an insult.

Yep, if grandma smacks you it’s for a good lesson, and you obviously remembered it. Well done and good for her.

I’m not trying to bash you on this, I know you’re not a Veteran, but reading your post immediately made me think of this funny as hell old guy I once had the absolute honor of meeting, his name was Jack, Jack Lucas, USMC, who lied about his age to join the Corps at 14yrs old.

This is exactly what I was thinking about earlier. Guys like Jack weren't that uncommon, either. I'm sure we've sent off plenty of 16, 17 year olds to war during WW2, Korea, and Vietnam. Not allowing them to buy a gun, any gun, is an affront to the intent of the Founders. The Founders wanted all capable people (back then men, now both genders) locked, loaded, and ready to defend their country and their homes. 16 to 60.

You simply don't understand the RKBA if you think arbitrary line-drawing is going to save our asses. This is war. @T-Unit is from RI. So am I. One old FUDD suggested compromise at a RI meeting to discuss what the movement's goals would be (all the leaders of the state gun groups were in the room) and almost everyone wanted him to shut up and sit down, or get out. Know many anti-gun laws have passed in RI since that meeting last year? Two in 2018 and zero in 2019. Know how many anti bills get proposed every year in RI? 30+. Half the geographic area of RI is now a 2A sanctuary.

F*ck compromise, f*ck advocating for own demise, and f*ck betraying our kids' future to console a bunch of power hungry communists. If you want to suggest compromise, take a hike. We don't need you and we don't want you.

You either give up a sliver of the pie or you lose a huge chunk of it. Your choice and with how inflexible most here are, you're the ones who are going to be the reason we lose all semi automatic guns within 10 years.

This seems logical on paper but you have to remember the leftys/antis are never going to be satisfied until they eat the whole damn pie. Mass shootings/killings are not going to stop regardless of any law that gets passed because you cant legislate away mentally ill individuals.

Lets say somehow UBCs and an AWB get passed in the near future. The antis are not going to high 5 each other and go home. Rest assured they will continue their campaign until we need background checks to buy kitchen appliances. That's why they cant be given an inch, they're coming for the whole pie anyway. "Assault weapons" are just the low hanging fruit they're trying to harvest today. Next will come federal gun registration, because needing to know who has what is just "common sense gun safety". We all know what comes after that.

upload_2019-8-7_18-46-31.png

For whatever reason, I can't get the sizing right, but most of you know this one already. Just figured since we're talking about slices of pie.

You either give up a sliver of the pie or you lose a huge chunk of it.

What happens when you keep giving slivers and there's no cake left?

Sometimes you have to say no, mean no, and make them understand NO is NO.

Why are you allowing others to dictate the rules? They aren't playing by any rules except that they win and you lose. The way to deal with that is flip the damn table on them and tell them to shove their rigged game up their ugly asses, you're not playing.

Their idea of 'compromise' is ok we are going to rape you, buuuuuuut if you stop resisting we'll use a condom and lube.

What have they ever given up? Nothing? Time for them to GET NOTHING and like it.

I may not have said this here, but I would put a military service exemption into the law. If you're active duty or reserve, the 25 age limit doesn't apply to you. If you were honorably discharged, it still wouldn't apply to you.

There's already an age restriction on pistols in the country, you have to be 21 to buy them, but I don't see anyone arguing that should be undone. If everyone is silent about that, than what's the problem with having to be 25 to buy a semi auto rifle, unless you are exempted for military service? It's not like it's a total gun ban for people 18-24.

When I was 18 I had no money, I didn't have much of an income until I was 22. If given the choice between no AR's forever in 10 years or no AR's until I turned 25, I'd take the lesser or two evils and focus on buying handguns first. They're generally a lot more affordable anyway.

You're right, we didn't have anything to do with any shooting the past 20 years, but there's a pattern with who these shooters are and, apart from Las Vegas, they're all young people.

We're a minority in the country, most of the population doesn't go on gun forums and talk about guns, are fanatics on guns, go shooting more than once a month, etc. They're quick to jump to conclusions that are based on emotional responses and not logical ones. Us coming out of the woodwork saying "NO!" to any proposal isn't going to work, but we aren't going to say yes to extreme anti gun laws like complete gun bans either.

As hard a pill this is going to sound, there is a middle ground.

It sucks, but gun laws inevitably impact 99.9% of those who aren't going to commit a crime. Not making a law that restricts people under 25 from owning semi auto rifles just gives the other side more ammunition when they inevitably take power and when they take that power, they will pass laws that go beyond age restrictions, they will pass gun bans.

For all the posturing and grandeur of drawing a line and saying "not another inch!" sounds, it didn't do jack shit with bump stocks. We should have had a law go through the REPUBLICAN controlled congress that made bump stocks and NFA item, but removed suppressors from the NFA. But because every gun control hill is one we must die on, that didn't happen and we got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

That's the problem with the pro 2A side: we don't protect the downside, we don't try to limit our losses. It's always an All or Nothing approach and more often than not we come away with the nothing.

I doubt any of us are under 25 here, I don't see why anybody here cares if some kid who's mostly pre-occupied with where his next orgasm is going to come from isn't able to buy an AR until her turns 25. Still a lot of other guns those 18-24 can buy for self defense and also an age restriction on semi auto rifles would basically stop any potential full gun ban to those under 21 from being touted by Democrats.
This is your piss poor attempt at satire, right?

I may not have said this here, but I would put a military service exemption into the law. If you're active duty or reserve, the 25 age limit doesn't apply to you. If you were honorably discharged, it still wouldn't apply to you.

There's already an age restriction on pistols in the country, you have to be 21 to buy them, but I don't see anyone arguing that should be undone. If everyone is silent about that, than what's the problem with having to be 25 to buy a semi auto rifle, unless you are exempted for military service? It's not like it's a total gun ban for people 18-24.

When I was 18 I had no money, I didn't have much of an income until I was 22. If given the choice between no AR's forever in 10 years or no AR's until I turned 25, I'd take the lesser or two evils and focus on buying handguns first. They're generally a lot more affordable anyway.

You are such an inspiration! We will need few different levels of bans!
Maybe well done ban for those young and crazy video players, medium ban for those honorably discharged young guns, and no ban for anchor babies?

Here is the problem with this T-Unit guy. He’s not unique. I’ve been bothered recently reading so many anti constitution and anti human rights posts. I’m going to go so far as to say that 4 out of 5 NESers aren’t really pro 2A. They’re just pro whatever gun they own is. It’s a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in.

Four Dead in Stabbing, Robbery Spree in Southern California
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

He was carrying an AR15Knife with unlimited stabbing ammo..

Time to ban all knives, we need Red flag laws regarding knives...Deleo and the FAKE republican governor will draft another FAKE bill soon to fix it all for us..

Last edited:
Red flag laws are a recipe for complete break down of society.

Which is exactly what the left want.

THIS! [bow][bow][bow]

Only psychopath would ask for a total control. Look at them, AOC, Beto, they are obvious loonies who need to drag everyone else to their delayed development level.

In the Soviet Union the most powerful person in your apartment complex was a babushka designated as an informant for every floor of the building.

Here is the problem with this T-Unit guy. He’s not unique. I’ve been bothered recently reading so many anti constitution and anti human rights posts. I’m going to go so far as to say that 4 out of 5 NESers aren’t really pro 2A. They’re just pro whatever gun they own is. It’s a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in.

I wonder if he/she/x ran it by his/hers/xs children first. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I’d go 2 out of 5. I’m a little more optimistic.

Lots and lots of statists here, of one kind or another.

Four Dead in Stabbing, Robbery Spree in Southern California
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

He was carrying an AR15Knife with unlimited stabbing ammo..

Time to ban all knives, we need Red flag laws regarding knives...Deleo and the FAKE republican governor will draft another FAKE bill soon to fix it all for us..

Comprehensive background checks should be expanded to cover licensed knives owners.

I’d go 2 out of 5. I’m a little more optimistic.

Lots and lots of statists here, of one kind or another.

To be fair, how many Americans, or even including foreigners, really grasp concepts like natural law? And I mean really understand it and that it applies to everyone, not just people with proper paperwork. Most other places in the world are seeing much more statism, so this isn't exclusive to the US.

I'm not even going to respond to T-boy's new backpeddling.

To be fair, how many Americans, or even including foreigners, really grasp concepts like natural law? And I mean really understand it and that it applies to everyone, not just people with proper paperwork. Most other places in the world are seeing much more statism, so this isn't exclusive to the US.

I'm not even going to respond to T-boy's new backpeddling.
You’re right in regards to natural law.

It seems to be a natural state that humans live in. Humans seem to crave a strong man, a dictator, to be ruled. All of written history and what we know of pre-history reflects this fact. It’s only the last several hundred years that Man has recognized and demanded natural law be recognized and followed. But, I fear, Man also craves safety and security and thinks he can get it with a strong man running everything. It’s not true. History tells us this. But it seems to be Man’s default position.

I love optimists like you. They’re just future pessimists. It’s ok. We’ll welcome you with open arms. If the world is still here, which it probably won’t be.

I have no false expectations because I know that in the case of a foreign invasion the longest lines are always forming in the supermarkets. Defending country with some kind of a weapon? Not so much! In our time the defense has to be dictated!

It seems to be a natural state that humans live in. Humans seem to crave a strong man, a dictator, to be ruled. All of written history and what we know of pre-history reflects this fact. It’s only the last several hundred years that Man has recognized and demanded natural law be recognized and followed. But, I fear, Man also craves safety and security and thinks he can get it with a strong man running everything. It’s not true. History tells us this. But it seems to be Man’s default position.
I've long said the whole "follow the leader" thing is one of you humans' least endearing qualities.

So called "modern man" starts understanding mistakes only when his own doors are kicked in.

I've long said the whole "follow the leader" thing is one of you humans' least endearing qualities.

"Follow the leader" worked very well for masses. It did not work for leaders.

All what masses want is something for free. Every revolution took from those who worked hard and distributed the wealth to masses in various forms of rewards. Revolutions and wars kill heroes and exceptional people first. Whores, traitors, criminals always survive and get to new opportunities.

It will be no different here.

I love optimists like you. They’re just future pessimists. It’s ok. We’ll welcome you with open arms. If the world is still here, which it probably won’t be.

I was teasing, mostly. I’ve seen things that leave me with just about no illusions.

Absolutely people crave strongmen to be in charge. Americans do too; they’d have kept electing Roosevelt for decades. Hell, they wanted Washington to be a king.

I think the average person would quite happily trade liberty for security. In any country.

Rules for thee not for me? We already have those in MA for cops so...
1A841048-1F59-4CB4-8455-0BB58F5F1410.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom