True Gun Values

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone use this site to help establish the asking price for guns you wish to sell?

My local FFL always seems to refer to them to help establish a value.

Are they any good or what?

Never used them, but I also don't sell my guns.

I guess you can do a quick check. Look at the website, look at GB, then maybe Google it and see what others are asking online.

Then use an average or whatever number you prefer.

Unless it's a desperation move (or I'm the one that's buying), I always say, "Start at highly overpriced, and slowly come down."

I've sold stuff for crazy high $ (at least in my opinion), that people did a happy dance to get.

I know this is not a real answer, but it's reality.

Gun Broker, NES classifieds both private and dealer, Bud’s gun shop….dare I say FS….or ask me, I will give you a great value 😁

Are they any good or what?
better than a factual gunbroker finished deals? phhhhlease.
goes to
then click to 'Completed Items' tab. and nothing else matters.

better than a factual gunbroker finished deals? phhhhlease.
goes to
then click to 'Completed Items' tab. and nothing else matters.

They do quote actual sales from various venues.

My local FFL always seems to refer to them to help establish a value.
Yup, mine does, too. But when I took a revolver to them to sell on consignment, they looked at TGV as well as current Buy Now prices on Gunbroker. They suggested a middle-of-the-road price which seemed pretty reasonable to me. Compared historical prices to current competition.

I may have skewed GB "sold" numbers on a couple of revolvers. Several months ago I paid a helluva price for a revolver I'd been seeking for a couple years. Just a month ago a second one showed up and I bid fairly, but at the end of the auction a nibbler showed up. Annoying little bastard. So I just placed a nuclear bid and now I own two of them but I think I've set a record. On the other hand, just last night I absolutely STOLE another revolver I'd kinda wanted for awhile. Sales histories can be helpful but they don't include the factors of time and chance.

I've bought a few guns from guys in the Classifieds here on NES. Bought a $400 revolver a few months ago. Somebody is currently offering the same revolver for $700.

I've bought a few guns from guys in the Classifieds here on NES. Bought a $400 revolver a few months ago. Somebody is currently offering the same revolver for $700.
Ah, yes. The famous (notorious?) "Board Whore" that goes from member to member. [smile] No sense in comparing prices here, since most all of them are "Mass-rape". [rofl]Not enough Free-State NH guns listed here (or they're listed by former Mass Inmates who came to NH but think every transfer must go through an FFL dealer). :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom