Troopers Arrest Man Trafficking Narcotics with Firearm on Rt 95 in Sharon

I forget what the exact rules for an inventory search are, but I thought it was when a vehicle was going to be brought to either the tow company lot or police station and out of the control of the operator.

Then again, this is a media report, so who knows what actually happened? I'm sure it will get sorted out in court and we'll probably never know what went on.
It's technically an 'inventory' search. So the $100k stereo system doesn't 'disappear' on the way to a tow yard. I'm sure the tow driver would have at least looked in the vehicle before driving off, either way, this guy was boned as soon as his tachometer went to '0'.

I worked with a guy who went on to be a trooper. A few years later I ran into him somewhere and we talked. I mentioned that I often hear the troopers start off with a routine stop for some equipment violation or speeding and then end up with an arrest for something totally unrelated. Things like headlights out, no directions, even license plate light out.

He said it's a couple of things. First a lot of them just aren't that bright. Second, since they don't care about breaking the law, they just don't care if their car is a POS. It's just a habit with them.

I don't have any independent validation of that, but it seems to make sense.

JFC, if you're going to be transporting contents like that, make sure your car isn't a POS and also don't be out at 2am.

I worked with a guy who went on to be a trooper. A few years later I ran into him somewhere and we talked. I mentioned that I often hear the troopers start off with a routine stop for some equipment violation or speeding and then end up with an arrest for something totally unrelated. Things like headlights out, no directions, even license plate light out.

He said it's a couple of things. First a lot of them just aren't that bright. Second, since they don't care about breaking the law, they just don't care if their car is a POS. It's just a habit with them.

I don't have any independent validation of that, but it seems to make sense.
McVeigh was yanked on a license plate light stop, yada yada, FBI calls as they are about to release him on the 48 hour limit.

Buddy pulled a guy for driving like a madman (we didn't do normal traffic stops, but public safety is a catch all), driver is covered in blood, his wife/girlfriend was found either right before or right after his stop, we were still holding him trying to figure out where all the blood came from.

Down in Louisiana, it's called a 'chicken shit violation'. It's a pre-text to get close to the driver. Yes, it's chicken shit, but real stuff comes from it. No, most criminals aren't bright, hell I've had a vehicle pull up to my checkpoint with 100 lbs of pot sitting in the back seat. They could have easily just dumped it after the wrong turn, drove PAST my checkpoint, hooked a u-turn, then drove back up to my checkpoint in broad daylight.

There's a third point: cops use the trivial things
as the entrée to search for the serious things.

Police don't need to put on their "reasonable articulable suspicion" hats
to try and generate pretext for a search if they see an actual violation of the law.

A friend of a friend was a cop in metro Boston. I remember him saying he would look for shitbox cars to pull over because, "people who drive shitty cars usually have more problems going on besides having a shitty car ". Warrants, expired license, etc

I can't stand felons, but I certainly don't trust authorities with the power to do this. And apparently, they do civil forfeiture on just about anybody for anything in some states.
They do civil forfeiture on just about anybody for anything in just about every state.
It's headline news when a state legislature considers outlawing it.

I can't stand felons, but I certainly don't trust authorities with the power to do this. And apparently, they do civil forfeiture on just about anybody for anything in some states.
The drugs are worthless, the car is clearly worthless.. I’m on my moneys on the driver is worthless to…. Unless they Raid his house or something… It doesn’t look like he has very much to take

You mean like the non-LEO who shows up at the range using a 30 round PMAG in their AR?

They obviously shouldn't be a felon, but guaranteed the cops take the mag, the gun, and possibly the guy's freedom in this state. Now if he had joined a gang and raped and killed, 6 months of supervised release would be a sufficient punishment.

Kid must have been fuct up to jist coast to a stop in the middle of the highway. If he was thinking straight he probably had plenty of time to ditch the stash in the woods, and Mexican carry the firearm! Cops aren’t gonna frisk you for a broken down car....if you act normal.

I read a novel many years ago where the criminals were so smart that most of the time they pulled of a caper and no one even knew that they had done it.

I've always wondered if for the most part it's the dumb ones that get caught and that the smart ones get away with committing crimes while flying under the radar.

Criminals by definition, generally aren’t very smart.

I've always wondered if for the most part it's the dumb ones that get caught and that the smart ones get away with committing crimes while flying under the radar.
1px5yj.jpg

Hope he gets the book thrown at him. After seeing my childhood friend die from drug addiction, I have no love for these bastards.

That said, how much do you want to bet they will log the gun as a "ghost gun" because laser attachment covers up the serial number.

Hope he gets the book thrown at him. After seeing my childhood friend die from drug addiction, I have no love for these bastards.

That said, how much do you want to bet they will log the gun as a "ghost gun" because laser attachment covers up the serial number.
That might be a new enough Glock to use the hidden serial number.

Lets not forget Annie Dookhan, who had a pretty cushy career framing people. She lives in some shithole apartment building near me.

1647697748866.png

Back
Top Bottom