• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tried to buy an sr22 but..

So yesterday I tried to purchase a sr22.
When he tried to put my information in the system it have the Clerck/owner a error code saying something about a missing mnu immigration number missing .

Anyone has any idea what that could mean? I have called the firearms buro but they didn't know and the FBI kicks you out off the phone saying they're busy.

Last time I bought a firearm was about 1.5 months ago this is my first try on a handgun

No, I carry same license as you. Makes no difference. whole lawsuit that made it possible to get a ltc as a immigrant was about a handgun

U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens (green card holders) residing in Massachusetts are eligible for resident firearms licenses.
a License to Carry (LTC), which permits the license holder to purchase and possess all large and non-large capacity firearms, rifles, shotguns, and ammunition; this license also allows the carrying of concealed handguns.

U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens (green card holders) residing in Massachusetts are eligible for resident firearms licenses.
a License to Carry (LTC), which permits the license holder to purchase and possess all large and non-large capacity firearms, rifles, shotguns, and ammunition; this license also allows the carrying of concealed handguns.

This is not 100% true in all cases. Possession of a medical marajuana card in MA is not a disqualifier at the state level for obtaining a LTC or possessing/purchasing handguns and/or long guns, but it does make you a PP at the federal level. I believe this is backed by a decision out of, I believe, a recent decision from the 9th Circuit. I'm sure some more in the know on this will be along shortly to further clarify.

This is not 100% true in all cases. Possession of a medical marajuana card in MA is not a disqualifier at the state level for obtaining a LTC or possessing/purchasing handguns and/or long guns, but it does make you a PP at the federal level. I believe this is backed by a decision out of, I believe, a recent decision from the 9th Circuit. I'm sure some more in the know on this will be along shortly to further clarify.

??????

I would think the 9th circus being what it is would be gtg with anything involving reefer madness. At the same time though 9th CCA routinely goes out of it's way to rule against gun owners so maybe you do have a point!

ATF has been telling dealers for years that if you see a mmj card they are a prohibited person. If I get time I'll post the letter.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MUST be a citizen to buy handguns,Gc for long guns only

As of mid-November, there were about 1,378 non-citizens with LTCs. See Fletcher v. Haas if you want to know how that change happened.

My concern here is that Mr. Sprat is a relatively new MA firearms licenses. That means that he probably took a safety class from someone that doesn't know any better and has been teaching wrong stuff to lots of people.

Back
Top Bottom