Traveling with OC

ochmude

Marine Veteran
My wife and I are going on vacation starting this Friday (thank God). We're headed to Illinois, where I grew up, for a week. Now I am well aware that carry in IL is verboten so any question of reciprocity is completely out of the question. However, I'd like to bring some spray along so at least I'd have something, which is better than nothing (much like .22LR pistols are [pot]). I've been in the dojo the last few days practicing my Google Fu, and I believe that I'd be legal to carry spray through NY, PA, OH, IN, and IL (we're driving). However, I don't have that warm fuzzy yet, because I am a pathetic Ma**h*** and have been conditioned to think that laws are made to permit me to do something, rather than restrict me from doing something. So can someone just hold my hand and tell me that, as a non-resident, I can carry a small can of OC for defensive purposes while traveling through those states?

Anyone who is worried about possessing or carrying OC because they've been so beaten down by MA law really needs to spend a few months outside the state. There are a few major cities that prohibit OC carrying, but MA is the only state, TTBOMK, that prohibits OC without permit.

Anyone who is worried about possessing or carrying OC because they've been so beaten down by MA law really needs to spend a few months outside the state. There are a few major cities that prohibit OC carrying, but MA is the only state, TTBOMK, that prohibits OC without permit.

I've only been in the state for 3 years and 7 months, that's cumulative time, not consecutive.

Back
Top Bottom