Trap at Taunton

I'm looking to shoot some trap tomorrow morning and I'm not sure if Taunton is open because the web site mentions during summer months. Does anyone know?

Also this will be my first time shooting trap. Does anyone know if the Taunton crowd is a decent place for a beginner like me? I've heard Hanson is a good place to start, but I don't have the afternoon free.

Thanks.

Can't answer as to Taunton, but Sharon Fish and Game opens at 10am, come on down.

Beginners welcome, lessons are free.

Hanson is one of the easiest going clubs around also holbrook runs a friendly show, a little more down the road you have pembroke

Try claytargetsonline.com has a good map and listings

I like hanson for the simple reason that you will get a chance to shoot. You CAN NOT sign up for consectutive rounds @ hanson in advance. I have been to some clubs where there are 8 rounds or more taken up by the same 5 people.

Pembroke is very nice also. skeet and 5 stand are bigger than trap there. Trap is generally not busy.

holbrook is also nice and friendly. It is always good to call ahead and see whats going on. Sometimes with the cold weather the machines dont like to function. some may have winter hours also.

As far as I know Taunton still does trap in the winter at 10am. I'm going down to the outdoor range tomorrow around 10:30am but not for trap. I'll check things out for future weeks.

Walpole Sportsman Club Trap,skeet,5-stand on Sun .mornings 9:30 ish
Thursday night steak and clays starts around 6 under the lights. All welcome !
The guy that runs the clay shoots lives in Taunton :)

Back
Top Bottom