Transfer Massachusetts LTC to New Hampshire?

Is there any hope?

I mean I don't want to go back to mass but who knows what the future holds

If you followed the law, it's no problem. It's worth the ~$10 to comply with the law.

If you didn't it could indeed become a lifetime DQ.

When I escape this state, I'll need to keep a valid NR LTC even if it is just to continue teaching classes (a requirement of the BFS instructor certification). Useful also when visiting friends or the very few Family members we have in MA.

If towns kill the old LTC when you send address notification giving a new address out of state, maybe a way to get around "red" towns refusing to release (expire early) an LTC for people who move within MA?

That is, you "move" to NH for a week (Martha's motel?), send the change of address to your old MA town, then a week later (after your old town releases your LTC), change your mind and "move" to a green MA town.

SO I have been thinking about this and when I moved to NH and then did my notifications, I later applied in the town where my business was located. It took a while to get my LTC and part of the problem was that FRB still showed me as having an active license. After a phone call we discovered what was up and FRB had to go in and cancel/deactivate my "current" license and then they could issue my license in the new town. hmmmmmmm

If towns kill the old LTC when you send address notification giving a new address out of state, maybe a way to get around "red" towns refusing to release (expire early) an LTC for people who move within MA?

That is, you "move" to NH for a week (Martha's motel?), send the change of address to your old MA town, then a week later (after your old town releases your LTC), change your mind and "move" to a green MA town.

It's not the towns that usually kill the license its CJIS that does on the notification, or at least they're supposed to.

The funny thing about this is CJIS goes full douchebag and frequently would refuse to do this in the case of trying to dump "red town AIDS" when you move into a better town, even though its probably like 5 keystrokes for them to do it. Not sure if things have changed on this front or not.... but yet, if you spoofed a dumping of MA residency you could achieve the same effect because their desire to enforce institutional fiat is apparently just as powerful as their desire to avoid possibly slightly agitating a douche chief in a douche town. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
So I printed out the "moving" form off the GOAL website. Is this all I have to sent to the local PD and FRB before 30 days after moving out of state? Also if I was moving but staying in MA I would have to sent 3 copies because the PD in the new town would need a copy as well. Correct?

Last edited:
See:

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/firearms-reg-and-laws/frb/frequently-asked-questions.html

Address Change

Q: I am changing my address. Who do I notify?

A: Under M.G.L. c. 140, §129B(10), and M.G.L. c. 140. § 131(I) , a holder of an FID Card or an LTC must notify, in writing, the licensing authority that issued the Card or License, the chief of police into whose jurisdiction the Card or License holder moves, and the Commissioner of the DCJIS. The notice must be made by certified mail within 30 days of its occurrence.

You don't transfer a license. You simply apply for a NH one.you could apply for a non-resident one now or you could simply wait and apply for a New Hampshire resident license once you relocate there.

Congratulations on escaping.
I thought you don't need an ltc in nh

I thought you don't need an ltc in nh
Holy necropost batman. This was a thread from 2015. Constitutional carry in NH took effect on 2/22/2017. Before that you needed a permit.

So joined today and your first post is a 9 year old thread you necropost in. welcome to nes?

Back
Top Bottom