Training under stress

see how you do WITHOUT EAR PROTECTION, and with gloves on, if you want to know how badlly "stress" is going to affect you. :) Adrenalin makes your nerve-muscle connections "sloppy". Get into competition, see what mere "match stress" can do for you. Once that you and others expect you to WIN, you will feel a lot more pressure than when you were a nobody, believe that.
What? I can't hear you - speak up!

Holy zombie thread batman...

competition today is done at ridiculous ranges, on silly numbers of targets, utterly impossible to do with realistic gear, equipped as you would be when you might have to defend yourself. I do carry Sonic earvalve plugs when I ccw, and I have practiced installling them swiftly, once I make it to cover. Almost nobody else has this much sense, so test yourselves WITHOUT the cheating factor of ear protection. See if you can still draw, hit 2 chests at 50 yds in 3 seconds. :)

utterly impossible to do with realistic gear
Bullshit.

I have competed in IDPA with a 1911. My competition 1911 is little different than my carry 1911 - different sights. My carry holster will be a little bit slower and my carry ammo has a bit more recoil. Would I be a bit slower competing with my carry gear? Yes. But impossible? No, not at all. Heck, earlier this year a fellow competed with a Kahr PM9.

So don't give us this "impossible" crap.

As for shooting without hearing protection, I already have tinnitus and will do everything I can to protect the hearing that I have left.

see how you do WITHOUT EAR PROTECTION, and with gloves on, if you want to know how badlly "stress" is going to affect you. :) Adrenalin makes your nerve-muscle connections "sloppy". Get into competition, see what mere "match stress" can do for you. Once that you and others expect you to WIN, you will feel a lot more pressure than when you were a nobody, believe that.

You have obviously never heard of the phenomena of "auditory exclusion" in armed encounters, part of the tachy-psyche effect (tachypsychia). Not everyone encounters this, but some do.

Why am I wasting my time on you? [hmmm]

competition today is done at ridiculous ranges, on silly numbers of targets, utterly impossible to do with realistic gear, equipped as you would be when you might have to defend yourself. I do carry Sonic earvalve plugs when I ccw, and I have practiced installling them swiftly, once I make it to cover. Almost nobody else has this much sense, so test yourselves WITHOUT the cheating factor of ear protection. See if you can still draw, hit 2 chests at 50 yds in 3 seconds. :)
Why on earth would you practice pistol shots at 50 yards?

That's not what you need to worry about (unless you are the terrorist?) - you should worry about engaging 2-3 targets at 0-10 yards...

Last time I had a timer with me it was 5 targets from concealment (as in the way I usually carry) in ~3.5 seconds. Good enough for you?

Back
Top Bottom