• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TR Enabling TRE-1911

This model is currently being field tested and will be available for purchase very soon.

Looking for feedback prior to release so don't hold back fellas.

TRE1911R1-2T.jpg
TRE1911R1-3T.jpg

TRE1911R1-4T.jpg

Attachments

• TRE1911R1-3T.jpg
    TRE1911R1-3T.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 59
I like the clean simple look. But I'd like to see an ambi safety. At least as an option.

As a LH shooter, I'm tired of spending $150 to have a good ambi safety installed when if it was offered from the factory it would have only been a $50 uplift.

Lets see some bigger pics.

Is there checkering on the front strap?

How about a shot of the front? Standard guide rod bushing setup? I prefer that.
It looks very very nice. I'll be watching this thread for more info.

Don

Nice, but the slide looks unfinnished. Put your logo on it? Signature? Mass warning "Do not shoot self in face, may cause injury"

Last edited:
This model is currently being field tested and will be available for purchase very soon.

Looking for feedback prior to release so don't hold back fellas.

Since you asked,
I would bend the GS safety better, too big of a gap and since that is the area recoil hits you the hardest, it really needs to be blended smooth with no edges. If the price is going to be $1500, then the front strap should be checkered.
I would also cut the slide stop pin flush to the frame.

A list of parts would be nice too

Since you asked,
I would bend the GS safety better, too big of a gap and since that is the area recoil hits you the hardest, it really needs to be blended smooth with no edges. If the price is going to be $1500, then the front strap should be checkered.
I would also cut the slide stop pin flush to the frame.

A list of parts would be nice too

Front Strap checkering is an option. At the $1500 price this includes checkering. We purposely do not cut slide stop pin flush for ease of dis-assembly. This particular model is not our prettiest, as it is designed to be used and abused. The grip safety may not photo well but there are certainly no edges. We do not have a photo of it when depressed, which is when the grip safety is blended.

The parts used in this particular model are ours (Remsport) except sights.

We do offer different ignition sets and sights as options, as well as safeties for you wrong handed shooters out there.

Last edited:
TR,

Just another suggestion if you ever get a request from a Lefty. For years I had 1911 slides jam open. I was able to free the slide by pushing the slide stop back in. It was like the stop was walking out.

The 1911s I had owned to that point were definitely tier 2 or 3. Colts for example. (Ha!!)
When I got my first Les Baer, it failed this way also. I called and got Les on the phone. He asked if I was left handed an shot with a thumbs forward grip. I answered yes to both. He told me that my thumb was running over the end of the slide stop and pushing it out, jamming the gun. I didn't believe it, but he offered to fix it even though it wasn't a defect. He cut the slide stop and sent the gun back to me. It has never locked up since.

Since then I've cut the slide stops myself on all my 1911s and the problem has never recurred. So . . If you ever get a LH shooter buying a custom 1911 from you, I'd strongly suggest a flush slide stop.

Don

TR,

Just another suggestion if you ever get a request from a Lefty. For years I had 1911 slides jam open. I was able to free the slide by pushing the slide stop back in. It was like the stop was walking out.

The 1911s I had owned to that point were definitely tier 2 or 3. Colts for example. (Ha!!)
When I got my first Les Baer, it failed this way also. I called and got Les on the phone. He asked if I was left handed an shot with a thumbs forward grip. I answered yes to both. He told me that my thumb was running over the end of the slide stop and pushing it out, jamming the gun. I didn't believe it, but he offered to fix it even though it wasn't a defect. He cut the slide stop and sent the gun back to me. It has never locked up since.

Since then I've cut the slide stops myself on all my 1911s and the problem has never recurred. So . . If you ever get a LH shooter buying a custom 1911 from you, I'd strongly suggest a flush slide stop.

Don

As a lefty I've had the same problem a while ago while shooting my 1911. Are the only 2 solutions cutting the slide or getting an ambi safety?

TR,

Don

Don,

Our smith is actually a fellow lefty so he feels your pain. I can certainly see that a thumb forward-and-tight grip could cause this. This alteration is certainly an option, and we will discuss this option with our lefty clientele.

Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom