1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Tourist shares shocking photo of an armed man minding his own business at Yellowstone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zappa, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

How's that Sharia law working out for you over there ?

xjma99 likes this.

2. straightshooterjake

straightshooterjake

I don't want to downplay loss of life. But I think of manufacturing capacity as one of the most critical factors in World War II, and in this area the US stood alone at the top. I believe it was Eisenhower who said that the war was really won by trucks. In other words, supplies and supply line were the most critical factor.

By the end of the war, US manufacturing output was astonishing.

M.Bison, xjma99 and Gak44 like this.
  3. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Nevertheless, the "to be sent to the Russian front" meme was understood significantly enough as a Kraut hazard to be adopted by the writers of Hogan's Heroes... and that was 50+ years ago, long before our current SJW revisionism age commenced.

4. namedpipes

namedpipes

5. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

He quickly retreated to his safe space. Having ventured outside of it briefly must have been petrifying for him.

mrmike7189 and namedpipes like this.
  6. basscatfrank

basscatfrank NES Member

Russia supplied the men, the US supplied the materiel. Shortly after Operation Barbarossa was launched in June of 1941 Russia began receiving supplies from the US through the Lend-Lease Act. From that point on the US sent Russia 44,000 jeeps, 376,000 trucks, 8,000 tractors, 15 million pairs of army boots, 107,000 tons of cotton, 2.7 million tons of gasoline, diesel fuel, and lubricants, 4.5 million tons of food, and 13,000 tanks. And before anyone says our tanks were not as good as the Russian T-34, you're right, but the T-34 was not as good as the Panzers. They did have some good features but were highly unreliable. The only reason they defeated the Panzers, particularly at the Battle of Kursk, was the 2 to 1 advantage in numbers.

Here's a quote from General Zhukov:

"Now they say that the allies never helped us, but it can't be denied that the Americans gave us so many goods without which we wouldn't have been able to form our reserves and continue the war," Soviet General Georgy Zhukov said after the end of WWII.

"We didn’t have explosives, gunpowder. We didn’t have anything to charge our rifle cartridges with. The Americans really saved us with their gunpowder and explosives. And how much sheet steel they gave us! How could we have produced our tanks without American steel? But now they make it seem as if we had an abundance of all that. Without American trucks we wouldn’t have had anything to pull our artillery with."

Also, let's not forget that between his pre-war military purge, his mass executions, forced labor, the famine he caused, and his orders to shoot any soldier who retreated, Stalin killed millions more of his own people than Hitler did.

xjma99, teaser452, Gak44 and 2 others like this.
  7. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Mao likewise. Not that you're gonna hear that from his enablers in the press here (especially a certain Gray Red Lady).

8. Wickedcoolname

Wickedcoolname NES Member

Ah the Brits. Tea drinking, soccer watching, crumpet dunkers who like to boil their meat and who kneel to a queen. Yeah, I need their opinions on self defense.

M.Bison and xjma99 like this.
  9. paracarry

paracarry NES Member

Anybody try to guess what kind of gun is in the holster, I think maybe SIG 220 with a hogue slide on grip.

10. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Back in the day, all of that was cause for teasing by us, and nothing more. More concerning was shit like electing
    [​IMG]
    as the (bleedin') Mayor of London.

Then again (sigh) Ireland has a Gindian as Taoiseach.

xjma99 and mibro like this.
  11. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

If the US had stayed out of WW1 and its aftermath, there wouldn't have been a WW2.

But we didn't, and there was, and the Soviets didn't GAF about losses. Under communism, everyone is expendable. When the US got involved in WW2 (after setting it in motion via Versailles), we sentenced hundreds of millions to death via communism. Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and various dictators throughout the world... if we had just stayed out of WW1, the world would be a much different place today.

If I've been too obscure, let me clarify: Woodrow Wilson was a sonuvabitch. He was a racist who re-segregated the federal government to the point of making black employees work behind screens so they wouldn't be in contact with white workers. He won re-election promising to "keep us out of the war", when he intended from the beginning to plunge us directly into it.

Gak44 and mibro like this.
  12. CatSnoutSoup

CatSnoutSoup NES Member

No it still exists, I think he has just locked it. It’s understandable, his original tweet was from July 13 but someone retweeted it on Sunday and he was getting clobbered.

I had replied to him early AM this past Monday (before this NES thread appeared) and while his account is till there its entire content is no longer available.

:emoji_tiger:

AHM, mrmike7189, xjma99 and 3 others like this.
  13. MGnoob

MGnoob NES Life Member NES Member

Fake news.
    The problem is the average person has no situation awareness. When you see someone openly carrying a firearm it isn’t scary...It’s Hardly is even worth paying attention to.

People who have never had guns pointed at them have a condition, it’s called being a pussy. A firearm isn’t a threat. People are.

teaser452 and xjma99 like this.
  14. DarkNet

DarkNet NES Life Member NES Member

And cell phone location. Should be on the opposite side of your carry gun.

xjma99 likes this.
  15. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

Yes except I was visiting Niargara Falls Canada and they have a celebration weekend up there where they claim victory. I tried to object ,but, hell its Canada, might as well be , England. F them

16. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

Dirty Wankers!

17. McReef

McReef NES Member

I don’t think it was really the OP’s intent to go down this rabbit hole. That being said, I’d have to agree (generally speaking) with the Soviet's role in the outcome of WWII being under-appreciated by most westerners.

It is understandable why. Of course that was going to be downplayed. Stalin, and his regime, were straight up evil. If you can do the mental gymnastics required to put him out of your head for a minute though, you will clearly see that the people on the eastern front bore the brunt of the suffering. It’s not even close. Regardless of who they served, the world owes those people a debt that could never be truly repaid.

Igotid likes this.