• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Torque Wrench Driver Bits

I have this nice metric Anschutz torque wrench. The driver itself is 4mm and the shank that fits into the wrench is a nominal 8mm. I think that's 5/16th. I can't seem to find any bit sets with that shank diameter. I must be an idiot, because everything on google comes up with 1/4 driver.

I'd like to find some other metric & inch drivers that will fit it. Mostly inch Allen drivers along with a set of torx for doing scope ring screws and bases. Any leads? I'm usually pretty good at finding this type stuff, but not today.

For comparison there is a 1/4 inch bit on the bottom. The two top ones are 5/16th.

Thanks,

B

pict0002mf.jpg

pict0003kd.jpg

I stumped the guys at Sears & Lowes. Everything has a 1/4 inch shank but none with a 5/16. I spent about a half hour on the web looking but the 5/16th seems to be the allen head size. The other bit on the top in the picture is made by Proto. It has a 5/16 shank.

I found this but I'm not sure what the heck it is. The scope mount rings I have need a 1/2 inch driver. Does the 5/16 mean the shank size that would plug into the wrench? Is the 1/2 inch how big a fastener it will work on?

I have not looked at Brownells yet.

B

Back
Top Bottom