Allen Wrenches

Boghog1

NES Member
Okay, even though it was an awesome day at the range I am a bit PO'd that my allen wrench set didn't have the wrench needed for the adjustment on the brides laser sight on her M&P is there a special set of Allen wrenches just for shooters? I have both Metric and SAE I just want a set up the range bag with the right tools

what is the size you need per the laser. I know crimson uses a really small screw that is not a common. I believe those are .030 and the smallest most sets have are .050

If it's anything like my Crimson Trace on another gun, it takes the smallest allen wrench I have ever seen. If I ever lose it, I will have CT send me another! Not saying you won't find one elsewhere, but I've never seen one this small.

Or you may have a different laser. In that case...nevermind.

I have the Armalaser GTO, I thought I had every ficken size ever made since I was a tech and 12v electronics installer for 15ish years but holy hell this thing was some oddball size 1mm or 1.25mm or some SAE fractionalal is my guess since my 1/16th, 1mm and 1.5mm didn't fit

I called CT about what size for my grips as I bought the gun with grips previously installed.
The women simply said ,"it's easier if you give me your address and I will send some" thank you I said.....then she said " oh and when you get them don't keep all of them in on spot,ESPECIALLY IN YOUR RANGE BAG"
Few days later I received a envelope with 15 tiny little wrenches...3 bags of 5.
It's a fact no matter what you have for tools eventually you won't have what you need.

I got a pretty good assortment of various bits for work.....but I did not have the tiny triple square bit that needs to be on a long screwdriver smaller than 1/4" shank ........wtf I say.

Looked it up......sure as shit special service tool number 27456 or some shit......oh boy.

Last edited:
I called CT about what size for my grips as I bought the gun with grips previously installed.
The women simply said ,"it's easier if you give me your address and I will send some" thank you I said.....then she said " oh and when you get them don't keep all of them in on spot,ESPECIALLY IN YOUR RANGE BAG"
Few days later I received a envelope with 15 tiny little wrenches...3 bags of 5.

That's what I call Customer Service !

What's an allen wrench? Do they have a AAA for guns? If not, I'd just take it to a gun repair shop.

Hex key is the proper term.
Allen key or wrench is also used
bb337e4cba39563b1a78d9839f3b8b03.jpg

So far I have only lost 2.....both at the range. One in the range bag the other I dropped ....... no magnet on hand and it was no where to be found! It's small.

I put a small piece a colored duct tape on mine, around the long end, near the bend, with a little "tail" sticking out. That was after I lost my first one, right at my feet, standing on a concrete pad. The thing is tiny.

Last edited:
It's a fact no matter what you have for tools eventually you won't have what you need.

I got a pretty good assortment of various bits for work.....but I did not have the tiny triple square bit that needs to be on a long screwdriver smaller than 1/4" shank ........wtf I say.

Looked it up......sure as shit special service tool number 27456 or some shit......oh boy.
The response from Armalaser was for $3 we will send you another. not what I call customer service

Back
Top Bottom