Toddler fatally shoots woman during work video call

Speaking truthfully. I see grown ass adults at the range having trouble hitting a piece of cardboard at 5 yards. Yet all those toddlers seem to be able to handle and shoot someone. My daughter is 9 and has a hell of a hard time holding a sr22. Pretty suspicious of many of these stories.
Maybe it's 1 in a 1000, and for every one toddler bullseye, we have 999 cases of toddler NDs hitting nobody. We just never hear about those. Probably the cops don't hear about them, either. Even if the kiddos are aiming, which they needn't be, there's no reason why they would flinch on their first shot ever.

When does permanent memory kick in? That'd be pretty hard for most any sentient being to forget.
There was a large B&W portrait of me as a toddler
hanging behind my parents' bed.

I once commented to my mother,
"I remember that shirt".

She called [bs],
because I was only a toddler when that was taken.

I said, "it was white with yellow dots".

My mother nearly lost her dentures,
because the shirt was indeed white, w/ yellow dots.

Notwithstanding the above,
I bet the kid will quickly retain nothing but
a vague sense of loss, and unease at loud noises.
[angry]

Soooo many questions here…

had to be a Tupperware gun… no way the toddler was picking up a government 1911 or Beretta.

Was the trigger modified to a competition weight? I find it hard to believe a toddler would easily pull a 6+ lb trigger.

Where was this firearm left that the toddler had easy access? Even picking it up off the coffee table and aiming doesn’t sound plausible, let alone from a higher surface like a counter or dresser.

The story says the body fell backwards, but was shot in the back of the head — I would have expected the body to have fallen forwards if shot from behind unexpectedly… which way did Lincoln’s body fall?

story says “an adult” left the gun, but didn’t suggest the firearm was owned by the mom implying another adult?

these things are just not adding up in my mind… what am I missing here?
From the news article: “According to local outlet WESH, Lynn was killed by a gun that belonged to the boy's father. “Investigators determined that the injury was caused by a toddler who found a loaded handgun, which was left unsecured by an adult in the apartment,”

Glockacide.

Soooo many questions here…

had to be a Tupperware gun… no way the toddler was picking up a government 1911 or Beretta.

Was the trigger modified to a competition weight? I find it hard to believe a toddler would easily pull a 6+ lb trigger.

Where was this firearm left that the toddler had easy access? Even picking it up off the coffee table and aiming doesn’t sound plausible, let alone from a higher surface like a counter or dresser.

The story says the body fell backwards, but was shot in the back of the head — I would have expected the body to have fallen forwards if shot from behind unexpectedly… which way did Lincoln’s body fall?

story says “an adult” left the gun, but didn’t suggest the firearm was owned by the mom implying another adult?

these things are just not adding up in my mind… what am I missing here?

The story says the body fell backwards, but was shot in the back of the head — I would have expected the body to have fallen forwards if shot from behind unexpectedly… which way did Lincoln’s body fall??
Ever see the Zapruder film?

Veondre Avery, 22, was taken into custody by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and the Altamonte Springs Police Department Tuesday. He is charged with manslaughter and failure to securely store a firearm in connection with the Aug. 11 death of Shamaya Lynn, the Seminole-Brevard State Attorney’s Office said.

Is the securing of a firearm a law in FLA?

Yes.

790.174 Safe storage of firearms required.—
(1) A person who stores or leaves, on a premise under his or her control, a loaded firearm, as defined in s. 790.001, and who knows or reasonably should know that a minor is likely to gain access to the firearm without the lawful permission of the minor’s parent or the person having charge of the minor, or without the supervision required by law, shall keep the firearm in a securely locked box or container or in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure or shall secure it with a trigger lock, except when the person is carrying the firearm on his or her body or within such close proximity thereto that he or she can retrieve and use it as easily and quickly as if he or she carried it on his or her body.
(2) It is a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, if a person violates subsection (1) by failing to store or leave a firearm in the required manner and as a result thereof a minor gains access to the firearm, without the lawful permission of the minor’s parent or the person having charge of the minor, and possesses or exhibits it, without the supervision required by law:
(a) In a public place; or
(b) In a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner in violation of s. 790.10.
This subsection does not apply if the minor obtains the firearm as a result of an unlawful entry by any person.
1(3) As used in this act, the term “minor” means any person under the age of 16.

Veondre Avery, 22, was taken into custody by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and the Altamonte Springs Police Department Tuesday. He is charged with manslaughter and failure to securely store a firearm in connection with the Aug. 11 death of Shamaya Lynn, the Seminole-Brevard State Attorney’s Office said.

Is that Sideshow Veondre?

Back
Top Bottom